1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A note about the Fall Fest location and online maps.

Discussion in '2009' started by JB, Sep 24, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you look up the address for Fall Fest using Google, Mapquest, Bing, etc, you might find that it puts you right in a big corn field.
    Don't worry, the address is correct.
    This is because Lowe Park is very new and the data used by the online apps is out of date.
    Rest assured that Lowe Park and the Marion Arts & Environment Center sit right in the middle of that field.

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there going to be food to buy or a restrauant nearby or should we make sure we bring something?

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "Close" is a relative term... :) There are no restaurants immediately around the facility but Marion isn't a huge town. Even though the facility is kind of off the beaten path, there are a number of restaurants that are only 5 minutes away on the main drag in town.

Also, the plan is to have Walking Taco's, pop and maybe a few other things available for purchase in the room. There is also a pop machine, so there will be some stuff available at the event.

-JB

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool, that works for me!

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great, that works for me!

6. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Good to know , my gps led me to the middle of no where when I was going to Craigs the first time(wrong turn and everything) , hopefully it won't have any problems in Marion!