1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A new project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't say that I am bored or don't have enough to do these days but I have always wanted to see if I could successfully breed fish.  I recently saw a pair of Picasso clowns for sale and decided to purchase them.  They settled into the anemone right away so that was good to see.  Now I have 2 books to read, one by Joyce Wilkerson and the other by Matthew Wittenrich. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Man that is awesome!

This is funny cause I was just getting ready to post some pics of my 3 pair I am trying to get to spawn. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

The Wilkersen book is excellent, I didnt care for Wittenrich. I also have the plankton manual if you want to borrow it.

I can get you starters on the green water & rotifer cultures when you are ready.

Start feeding them babies & turn your temp up, and make your lights longer.

Good Luck
    Craig

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That's great Sone!

My perc's finally started spawning this month. I don't have any plans to try and raise them, but it's good to know that they've "paired up".

-JB

4. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet Sone, keep us posted on things as they happen.
    Nice looking pair!