1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A list of frags we are bringing to the swap

Discussion in '2008' started by Uberfrags, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Uberfrags

Uberfrags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are only bringing a limited amount of the following, please PM us if interested.
    ATL Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
    [​IMG]
    Sissy's Dendro's
     [​IMG]
    War Coral
    [​IMG]
    We will update thread with more frags later.
    Thanks and hope to see you all there!  Should be a great event!

2. Uberfrags

Uberfrags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately we won't be attending the swap. Whereas we run Uberfrags.net but signed up our family as swap "sellers" we have been given limits right down to what we can wear to the swap. Well, we feel that isn't right. It's crazy to think that showing up with a 20 gallon tank, 2 kids and John wearing an Uberfrags t-shirt cost $100.00.

Does anyone know who I contact about receiving a refund for our table?

Sissy

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    All that was said was this:

It has come to my attention that you've decide to attend the Fall Fest. With purchasing the 40 dollar seller package I feel its necessary to let you know that no advertisement of any kind can be allowed, signs, shirts and or anything labeled uberfrags will not be allowed. It would not be fair to other vendors who have registered under the vendor prices. If you would like to advertise your more than welcome to upgrade to the 100 dollar vendor package. Thanks Jason

I feel it's more than fair beings you do have a website and also sell corals at shows one could assume you were comming as a vendor. We simply did not want to offend any of the other vendors by selling a "sellers table" and then having a vendor advertise in it. To me this seems to be a misunderstanding of what was actually meant via PM.

4. Uberfrags

Uberfrags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is correct..........................   "shirts and or anything labeled uberfrags will not be allowed"   
    Last year uberfrags signed up as a vendor because they brought a bunch of Uberfrags.net advertising material and a truck load of coral; i.e. a large banner around the booth, flyers, etc..  This year we signed up the family because we are coming as a family with a small tank, not a vendor.  I understand some vendors would be concerned if we were going to set up as with last year but we didn't sign up for that (it shouldn't be a concern)..... restricting an uberfrags t-shirt that anyone of our family members would wear at any place, any time, any day is a little much.

5. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Again I believe most of the misunderstanding has been taken care of via-PM on your site

6. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds reasonable to me. You can't stand behind a table advertising your site and your business without paying a vendor fee, because, uh, you're vending...

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I dont think wearing a shirt & selling frags was an issue, especially it is a family trip.

Just didnt want to step on other vendors toes if they were going to have the big tank, big banner, t shirts, hats, flyers & so on.