1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

a few of the tank..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FishNewb1, Apr 4, 2008.

1. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Robyn's Monti Cap!
    [​IMG]
    Brain
    [​IMG]
    Wolfe's chalice and Eagle eyes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not the best pics...  but im trying to get better!
    What settings do you guys take your pics with?  I have a Cannon Digital Rebel.  I dont know anything about it... if you have any imput on how to make the pics better let me know!

2. hopper75

hopper75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not the best pics...  but im trying to get better!
    What settings do you guys take your pics with?  I have a Cannon Digital Rebel.  I dont know anything about it... if you have any imput on how to make the pics better let me know!
    You've got a great camrea there- way more capable of taking better pictures.  My advice would be take a look at the manual and find the macro mode, this mode enables finer close-up focusing.  Secondly you should learn to adjust the exposure and f-stop (depth of field) manually, if you don't already.  I don't have a Canon myself but read as much as you can- there's a great website for digital photography with a board just for Digital Rebel users, the link is below.  I use the same site for my Sony gear and everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1031

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! nice corals Adam. I love that cap really sweet.

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice pictures Adam!  I should have YoU give me a few pointers! 

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice shots, but I think you are cabable of better /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif
    They look like they may be a little dim, I would maybe try using a slower shutter speed (1/60th is the lowest without a tripod) / smaller F stop/ or higher ISO. You also might want to try playing with the white balance.
    I think this website is very helpful in explaning some of the different settings:
    http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/index.html

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a little adjusting of the brightness and contrast, and cropping can make a big difference too:
    [​IMG]

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thats a sweet pic....

8. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow that picture looks awsome! I really need to learn how to do that stuff. Ill take a look at that website... Thanks!