1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

90 gallon set up

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    am i better saleign it whole?  or parting it? if i sale whole im going to ask like $ 3000.00  nothign cheap on this set up all name brand stuff

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Part it out - $3000 is ALOT, even parting it out you are not going to get that out if it, probably not even close. Hate to tell ya that but its the way fish stuff is. What are you going to be listing?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill keep it if i cant get 3000 not going to give it away

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just my .02, kind of the way fish stuff goes, I always buy used because of it.

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By gb387 on 06/27/2009 06:01 PM
    Just my .02, kind of the way fish stuff goes, I always buy used because of it.
    +1
    Unless you have all super rare coral and fish, good luck getting half that amount.
    BTW, last month I bought a 90 reef ready for 100 bucks for the tank alone.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my stand and canopy was hand built and cost 1000 for that a loan solid oak that a wood shop built next the reef keeper the 4x96 watt pcs the 2x250 watt metal halides the 300 pounds of live rock the back up unit when you lose power the reactors  tons of corals seio 1200 power heads 4  the littal giaint return pump 2150 GPH @ 5' of Head the tank  is rr  tons and tons off additives  have a Refractometer  with built in light 100 gallon perday ro unit heaters 200 gallon box of salt + Enlarge Image Have you used this item? Be the first to Write a Review Reef Octopus TDNW 300 Recirculating Protein Skimmer 12" dia. 3 Pumps* PS-CV-OCT-TDNW-300 $699.95 sump was 550.00 and thair is tons of stuff that still goes with it
    live rock 3.00 a pound times 300 pounds 900.00
    sump 250.00
    lights 200
    corals 500
    tank and stand canopy 400
    skimmer 300
    ro 60.00
    power heads 100.00 all 4
    return pump 75.00
    Refractometer with light 134.00 new  50.00
    additives tons lots of new test kits never opend 100.00
    200 mix of salt 40.00
    battary back up 100.00
    power compact 4x96 100.00
     total 2985.00
     and still have a lot off stuff ill toss in for free lots of pumps and so on

7. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm just putting it into perspective for you.

8. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    How did you get 300 lbs of live rock in a 90 gallon tank and still have room for $500 worth of corals? Any pics?

Also, it's not that the prices don't add up to be worth $3000 as a complete setup, it's just that you're going to find it extremely difficult to try to sell all of that stuff together. If someone was going to buy it as a complete setup they are going to want to pay less than what they could get it for if you split it up because it's a big convenience to you and they may have some of the stuff that you're selling already...

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill just post it on cregs list if it sale it sale if it dont ill let it sit please pull this add im not taken less than 3000 sorry

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill just post it on craigs list if it sale it sale if it dont ill let it sit please pull this add im not taken less than 3000 sorry i didnt add in the yellow tang the scopies tang 4 clowns a big big bta the cardnels and so on

11. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a good rule of thumb is 30%-50% less than what youve got into it if selling as a whole now that figure changes depending on the item and how old it is if you choose to piece it out.which in your case seems to be the way to go.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im asking 50 percent less than i paid for it new this is not junck or riged up stuff its all good name brand stuff all like brand new not some homade sump or riged skimmer and so on its all in working order ill try to sale on craigs list and a few other befor i part it

13. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no one said you had junk, if i were you sell your livestock here local,live rock and sand also,then part out everything eles,post on rc(reef central) only if you dont have a problem shipping.

14. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think anyone said anything out of line. I'm sure all of your stuff is nice, just like you said (but I'm positive that pictures would really help sell your stuff). For a little perspective, just go back and look thru the buy/sell forums and see how many whole systems have sold without being parted out...Even in cases where people were asking *less* thank 50% of retail. Anyway, good luck with your sale!

--AJ

15. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    if you do decide to part it out I would be interested in the octopus tdnw 300 skimmer.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will let you know if i part it

17. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any pics of any of this stuff??? You have posted several threads about stuff for sale and one time had 5 gallons of chaeto you had to get rid of and said you have a 220g system. Ppl have requested pics over and over and never get any. Same with two weeks ago you posted about having duncans for sale and a few other things but still would never post pics. Lets see some pics of this mystery system. Also what happend to the 220g system? Is this it with a 130g sump?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/saltwater_02/SANY0218.jpg

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/saltwater_02/SANY0221.jpg

20. Guest

Guest Guest