1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

75 gallon-The beginning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoodGreef, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    How could did your tank get? Aerate, aerate especially if you didn't do a WC but I suspect you did;)

2. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    It was at 70 degrees. My basement temperature is pretty stable year round luckily. I just changed carbon and moved my gyre pump to agitate the surface water more for a few hours. So far it doesn't look like anything is going to die from it. Just my usual annual birdsnest STN because birdsnests are stupid.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Everything still doing fine? I know when I've lost power, the keys are aerate and bring the temp up very slowly...

4. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Nothing seems to be drastically affected. My red digitata bleached in a couple areas about the size of a quarter but they are already being grown over. If anything the shock to the tank has actually seemed to make stuff grow faster. My merlettis blasto has grown more heads since this than in the 2 years I've had it.

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    LOL! Yes, what you are experiencing is not an uncommon phenomena! It's called survival! Good to hear that everything is doing very good!!:D