1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SGM, Jul 22, 2009.

1. SGM

SGM Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My 8 gal bio has been up for about 3 going on 4 weeks.  Just curious as to when I can put some frags in it?  Currently in the tank 4 snails 2 diffrent kinds (cant remeber), damsel (which will be replaced soon with a clown or something. Couple of crabs.  I had my algae breakout a week and half or 2 weeks ago.
    So maybe somebod can tell me what to do.  Plus maybe what somebody would suggest for frags and maybe even more fish or what nots.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What are your params? You need to wait for the tank to completely cycle. Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 and Nitrate low. BUT you need to go through the cycle so each needs to go up and then down. At 3-4 weeks you may have another couple to go but water tests will tell.

3. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a happy goby!! if u can get a tiny bicolor or small banggi cardinal...

4. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also the light and water movement you have on/in your tank will help determine what kinds of corals you can get. Probably some zoas or some sort of softy.

5. SGM

SGM Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about not getting back sooner. My levels are great, the ammonia nitrate came back good.

As far as lighting goes it is power compact with atinics that came with the bio cube. I figure I would put some mushrooms in there first to see how they do.

As far a fish go, I am probably going to go with a clown. I want something hardy that is similar to damsels.