1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

40g custom arylic cube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbort, Sep 6, 2008.

1. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ok here is going to be my tank thread.
    Quick little History of the tank:
    I had this tank set up last year. I was running a 400W HQI reefstar pendant with a hamilton ballast and a couple actinic VHO's. I like the look a lot but just wanted something bigger. So i sold this tank and got a 80g Oceanic semi cube. I had it up and running for about 8 months and decided i was a little overwhelmed with a large tank so.......i bought this 40g cube back acouple weeks ago and transferred everything back to it. The first four pics are of when i had it set up last year. The butterfly was only in the tank for about a week before i set up the 80g cube. Enjoy!
    [img][​IMG][/img][/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Played around with the camera (cheapo) and got some pics that look a bit better, now just a hair too blue. Here are some pics with the white balance fixed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my sump set up for now I am going to switch it out for a 15g cuz the water level is just a bit too high for my liking

[​IMG]

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only see red boxes, does anyone else see pictures?[​IMG]

3. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    where can i edit this post

4. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here are some of my pics of when i had this set up last year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i am using photbucket not sure what is going on with this but i can't get them to work

6. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    here is a link to OMS that works\
    http://omahamarinesociety.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=754

7. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Posted By cbort on 09/06/2008 11:33 AM

Ok here is going to be my tank thread.
    Quick little History of the tank:
    I had this tank set up last year. I was running a 400W HQI reefstar pendant with a hamilton ballast and a couple actinic VHO's. I like the look a lot but just wanted something bigger. So i sold this tank and got a 80g Oceanic semi cube. I had it up and running for about 8 months and decided i was a little overwhelmed with a large tank so.......i bought this 40g cube back acouple weeks ago and transferred everything back to it. The first four pics are of when i had it set up last year. The butterfly was only in the tank for about a week before i set up the 80g cube. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next set of pictures are from this week! I got the 80g cubish tank down and transferred a bit of the rock to it and put all of the inhabitants into it. Yes there is a Blue hippo and a foxface in there now. They will be leaving me next week for larger (much larger) tanks. I am really sad to get rid of Dori! She has been such a good tang! She eats and is not shy at all! If i could keep her in this cube i would but she needs a larger tank. Biggest difference black sand out and white sand in!

8. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pics aren't working for me /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

9. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    smae here, i just got the first two

10. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are a few from his photobucket account /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

11. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    how did ya do that? i did that but some worked and some didnt?

12. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks like you had some sort of additional linkage in the tags ...perhaps something goofy with your copy/paste clipboard.

If you just copy and paste the precoded links from photobucket you should be good to go. Use the ones that look like this: [img ] http://www.sample.com [/ img]

13. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    New chiller/heater installed today! Its a CustomSeaLife 1/4 HP chiller/heater, with a Ranco Temp controller. Works sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is used either as a heater during the winter or a chiller during the summer. I have a heater in the back of my tank behind the false wall, and then i dropped the chiller coil into the sump. It has a differential setting and you can set it from 1-30 degrees. I have it set at 1 degree so as soon as my tank hits 78 it kicks on and cools it down to 77. Pretty sweet!

Fuzzy Pic of the sump with the coil in the sump

[​IMG]

And a pic of the Ranco Temp Controler

[​IMG]

14. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And here is a pic of my newly added BlueHeaded Fairy Wrasse, so far she is eating very well and swimming quite a bit too.

[​IMG]

15. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

New light came today! Whoohoo! Still not hung yet, but it came with legs so it will just sit on the tank until i get a chance to hang it up.
    Its a 24" fixture made by Odyssey and uses a 250W HQI ballast. The bulb is 15K and also there are 2 55W PC Actinic bulbs. For night time the fixture has 8 LED's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just got back from KC and got a sweet new light, its also a Odyssea all in one fixture.

The one on the left is my Odyssea 250W HQI with 2x65 actinics and 8 moonlights.

The one on the right is my new fixture, its a 150W HQI with 2x24 actinics and 2 moon lights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One light will be for my display tank, and the other is going to be for the frag tank i am planning. It is going to be a diy 18x18x8"T tank. It will be down the road but will probably be a AGA 10g for the time being.

17. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok....Latest pictures of the Cube! I switched lights. I went with the 150W hqi. I was told the par on 150W HQI's are better anyway. And also the bulb he sold me was a coralvue 20k and i like the color 10x better than the 15k on the 250W.

And... i suspended the fixture from the ceiling! I hope it stays there! I am using egg crate over the tank, so if it were to fall atleats i will have a safty net! haha

Anyways here are the pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    [B]Some early morning pics and i didn't realize how much sunlight hits my tank on the right side. I am usually at work from 7am-7pm, so i don't see it. No wonder why my toadstool opens up in that direction. He is just sun bathing![/B]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    WOW it has been awhile since i have updated this thread!

Since my last update i have gotten lots more corals, different fish, and a few different toys! Enough talk and bring on the pics!

Plate coral. HOT PINK by day and purple by night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Clam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red/Green blastos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pics of my eagle eyes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Random Shot

[​IMG]

Christmas tree rock making a huge comback!

[​IMG]

Full actinic shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 sweet favias first one is purple and lavender second is purple rings with neon green mouths

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    MORE!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]