1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2020 Cedar Valley Reef Events

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by Michael Frank, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hello, local refers,

Would anyone be interested in a tank tour, or other events to get to know each other in the Cedar Valley area? I’ve restarted my salt tank after a 15-year hiatus and only met a handful of the local aquarists. Let me know if you have an event suggesting, want the opportunity to join, or add your tank to the tour list. At a minimum, I can host a social meet and greet with some beverages and snacks in April.

My goal is to establish a local group to bounce reef questions off, bulk order events, other shared reef community ideas we can all benefit from, or at least drinking a few beers together.

Cheers,
    Mike

@GIRS Member

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    I’m in! I can be a stop on the tour to show what I’ve been working on. It’s been a few years since the last tank tour. I’d be interested in seeing and hearing what everyone else is up to nowadays.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  3. shani

shani

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm not close to the area but would be willing to come see everyone's tanks and meet new faces and rekindle old friendships.

4. NanoReef

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I am interested.

5. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see some other tanks! My 125g display is almost complete after about 6 construction restarts, and will soon be ready to by on a tour as well

6. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    after the apocalypse, we'll pull something together.

7. Dave Amelon GIRS Member

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    I would be interested in seeing other builds after this virus is done