1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2012 CORAL FRAGGING DEMO/BBQ POTLUCK

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by ruggerkc, May 2, 2012.

1. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    damn I wish I lived in the Loo.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone who came out for the monthly event today!  Once again we had a GREAT turnout and A LOT of GREAT FOOD!
    A special BIG THANKS to Craig for letting use his shop as a clubhouse for our events and for the FREE FRAGS! And thsnks to Andrew for lugging his grill all over town.
    Here are a few pics.

First off we did some fraggin'. Jason and I explained the tools involved in fragging and demonstrates different techniques for several different variety's of corals.

[​IMG]

Next we played a little game called "Pick the cup". We didn't have any raffle tickets so we put 4 frag plugs under some cups. Each person got to pick a cup and the 4 people who picked a cup with a frag plug under it won a FREE FRAG!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Once all the anticipation of winning stuff was over we ate a huge meal!

[​IMG]

THANKS to EVERYONE who brought food and participated. We have a great group of people and it's pretty darn fun planning events for y'all!

We have some ideas tossed around for next month. Stay tuned and we will be announcing details in the next week or so.

3. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Quite a few asked about the BBQ sauce so I figured I'd post a quick note.  Anyone who is interested in some of the BBQ sauce that was there today, let me know. We'll be making new batches later this week. Regular and spicy - just specify which one - $5 bottle or $25 for gallon. Thanks for putting on this event, it was a lot of fun. Learned new things and met new people!

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Awesome event put on by the trustees. We were glad to offer our store for club use.

Met some new people today & saw some old friends. Cool to find out that one of our own club members makes some kick *** BBQ sauce that is actually made & bottled here in La Porte City

Hope the winners of the frags enjoy them! It was our honor to donate them.

Put me down for 2 bottles!

5. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Craig. I'll be dropping some off at the store. I think Jeremy wanted a bottle of the spicy. I'll get you guy's some there before the holiday weekend!

6. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ill take two bottles as well Jason, I can pick up at AC&C if that works for you.
    The regular sauce by the way.
    Thanks!!

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Definite thanks to Craig and Andrew for hosting the event at the store and for letting us make a mess. Thanks to all that came out, hopefully it was informative. Thanks to Jeremy for the awesome frag of blastos, everyone else for the awesome company and food.