1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2009 Waterloo Area Trustee Position

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by glaspie69, Nov 17, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    2009 is almost apon us and GIRS needs trustees. If your looking to take a position and get some great experience  on the BOD throw your hat into the mix. Experience isn't a must but a good attitude and a love for the hobby is. On a side note JB and I have discussed the trustee matter and have decided that any area that DOES NOT have a trustee WILL NOT have area events. The main BOD schedules are hard enough to balance, the addition of area events to that schedule just isn't an opition. So please think it over, maybe you've thought about it?, maybe you've always wanted to and never have? this year you can!!!

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is Craig not doing it next year? I would like to nominate him.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Another small change this year will be the addition of a secondary trustee. If an area has more than one trustee nomination we may grant that area the option to have 2 trustees. One as the main and one for somewhat of a training year and to pick up the slack if something were to come up for the main.

4. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to put my name in for this one.

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to nominate Lee as trustee

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    David you were my second choice /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Thanks for the nomination Matt, but I will be living most of the year in CR during my internship...maybe another year. I will still try to help out though.

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I think David would do a good job, he allready organized a couple events this year.

That way I can concentrate on another fall fest

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Craig, are you interested in being the backup trustee? That should allow you to concentrate on next years Fall Fest.

-JB

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I think I would rather see someone else step into help David. I will always be here if help is needed though

10. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to David as the lead trustee for Waterloo. We are confident you will be an asset to the continued development of the Waterloo area.