1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2009 Spring Coral Swap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtesdall, Feb 22, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Please Join us for the
    2009 GIRS Spring Coral Swap

Saturday, March 28th
    Blank Park Zoo
    Doors Open 11-3
    Raffle 2:30
    Free Admission
    $20 for Sellers Table (GIRS Members Only)
    Please see the Sellers Thread in the Club Business Members Forum
    to get your table
    [​IMG]

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't think I will be selling anything but can't wait to see what others have, not sure if I will bring the wallet.... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Joel... do you know what you are bringing yet? Watermellon Challice or War Coral?

3. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    should have at least one of each, unless someone buys them first .... hint hint./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 02/25/2009 07:03 PM
    should have at least one of each, unless someone buys them first .... hint hint./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/rolleyes.gif
    I really want the challice but I am kind of watching the pennies right now and the g/f likes the war coral so...  [​IMG]
    been thinking might do away with the toadstools I have really don''t fit in to my 'plan' so who knows.

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will frag my pink watermelon if there is enough interest. It's a nice little mini colony with about 12 eyes on it but I don't want to cut into for only 1 eye.

6. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    slovan how much and got a pic on the chalice

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyone bringing superman monti?

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am sure someone will, I don't have any. I am almost certain Sone has plenty!

9. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh... guess I will have to bring the wallet. I know of a couple things I want now.

10. Doodaa

Doodaa Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is this open to the public? Can anyone go? I want to plan on going and want to bring some people with me which is why I'm asking.

Thanks!

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is open to the public but you must be a member to sell. It is a great opportunity to buy some great coral at a very reasonable price! Plus it is only $20 to become a member and then you can sell along with all of the other great benefits or membership!

12. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We have GIRS rates at the Wildwood in West Des Moines and the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek for the Coral Swap. Just mentioned the Greater Iowa Reef Society and get $87 at the Wildwood and $89 at the Holiday Inn Jordan Creek. My company does business exclusively with these hotels, both are very nice and have great customer service. AND both have indoor pools.

13. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a friend that is looking for something like this.
    http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/anemonephotos/ig/Top-Anemone-Photos-Gallery/Tina-Hendricks--SWT-Anemone-.htm
    It is a Magnificent Anemone, Red base with blueish/purple tenticals. I don't know if anyone will be bring this to the swap, or anyone know where I can get one. I would really like to see it before I get it. He is looking for a particular color and they very.

14. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The zoo just emailed me the pass cards for the swap. Everyone please remember that if you come to the swap you can get admission to the zoo for only $4 per person!

15. Doodaa

Doodaa Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a list of vendors that will be there?

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    How do we get the cards Joel?

17. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The is printing them up and will give them to us tomorrow morning to hand out. You have to some to the swap to get them.

18. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Do you have to be present for the raffle?