1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2009 Quad City Trustee Position

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by glaspie69, Nov 17, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    2009 is almost apon us and GIRS needs trustees. If your looking to take a position and get some great experience  on the BOD throw your hat into the mix. Experience isn't a must but a good attitude and a love for the hobby is. On a side note JB and I have discussed the trustee matter and have decided that any area that DOES NOT have a trustee WILL NOT have area events. The main BOD schedules are hard enough to balance, the addition of area events to that schedule just isn't an opition. So please think it over, maybe you've thought about it?, maybe you've always wanted to and never have? this year you can!!!

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Another small change this year will be the addition of a secondary trustee. If an area has more than one trustee nomination we may grant that area the option to have 2 trustees. One as the main and one for somewhat of a training year and to pick up the slack if something were to come up for the main.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Seriously folks... I don't want to harp, but if there is no QC trustee, there will be no regular club events in the QC area.

It's a little disheartening that we just had an event in the QC area with 230+ attendees and yet nobody has shown any interest in being the trustee for 2009.

We're in position to have a great 2009 as a club, but we really need someone to step up so it can happen in your region too.

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

-JB

4. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been doing some research on the position and looking into support for events and such.

So, I am self nominating myself.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/clap.gif
    Now we need one more person...

6. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see this area be as great the others and will stand up for the position also.

7. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is good to see. I will be around the Quad Cities off and on for the next 6-8 months, so you guys let me know if there is anything I can do to help either of you out in your new roles.

Billy

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Way to step up dudes! You guys have a ton of reefers in your area as well as one of the best saltwater shops in Iowa, i will be looking forward to seeing you guy get some more activity going in 09'.

9. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd do it under the condition that you know I'm only avalible 25% of the Saturdays and almost no Sundays.

10. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to Kevin as the lead trustee and Andrew as the supporting role for Quad Cities. We are confident you will be an asset to the continued development of the Quad Cities area.