1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2009 Des Moines Trustee Position

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by glaspie69, Nov 17, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    2009 is almost apon us and GIRS needs trustees. If your looking to take a position and get some great experience  on the BOD throw your hat into the mix. Experience isn't a must but a good attitude and a love for the hobby is. On a side note JB and I have discussed the trustee matter and have decided that any area that DOES NOT have a trustee WILL NOT have area events. The main BOD schedules are hard enough to balance, the addition of area events to that schedule just isn't an opition. So please think it over, maybe you've thought about it?, maybe you've always wanted to and never have? this year you can!!!

2. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Another small change this year will be the addition of a secondary trustee. If an area has more than one trustee nomination we may grant that area the option to have 2 trustees. One as the main and one for somewhat of a training year and to pick up the slack if something were to come up for the main.

3. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, my name is Austin Reynolds and I live In Des Moines and I would be interested in being the secondary trustee. I would love to gain the experience and become more involved in this club and hobby. I am newer to both but feel like this would be a great opportunity for me to dive in a little deeper. My personal goal right now is trying to start a non profit org to help promote marine education in the midwest and I think this would help me in many ways with that. So if the spot is available I would be willing to help this club anyway I can.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will self nominate for Trustee and would be happy with the help of Rustin (sorry forgot your real name) if it comes my way.

Jason, are we voting again this year or are you appointing?

5. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would like to nominate Joel Tesdall as Senior Trustee. Joel has been a great help in the past with my reef and many others. Joel approaches all angles of the hobbie with great interest and critique. Vote for Joel!!!
    I would like to nominate Ryan Holl as Second Trustee. Ryan also has been a great deal of help in the past, with his vast knowlege of natural and captive reef systems. Ryan is a walking Dictionary when it comes to corals. Having said that Ryans schedule is very busy. But with the teamwork between both, GIRS and its members will be rewarded in the end....Dave        Vote for Ryan!!!

6. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 11/17/2008 09:00 PM 

Jason, are we voting again this year or are you appointing?
    Thats still up for grabs, I don't mind voting...but with the low numbers in people applying for the jobs I think it might be just as easy to say "yep your it" rather than waste the time voting

7. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to Joel as the lead trustee and Austin as the supporting role for Des Moines. We are confident you will be an asset to the continued development of the Des Moines area.

8. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations guys. Hope to see you both at the next meeting.

9. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats, hopefully once things die down i will have more time for the club.

10. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations Joel and Austin! You guys will be great for the DSM area and I look forward to the meetings. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif