1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2008 GIRS Membership Dues Clarification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BGreenlee, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think there may have been some confusion on how the BOD would like to handle the 2008 dues so I wanted to further explain our plan.
    During 2007 the form that was used to submit dues did not have a date on it when the dues were paid. This has resulted in us not knowing exactly when dues were paid and when your dues would have been due again. To work around this we have decided that the best way to do this is to have everyone's dues become payable during the month of January in 2008. The exception to that is those who used paypal in the last quarter of 2007 to pay your dues. For those 13 people we have records and have marked your dues as paid through Dec 31, 2008. We realize that this may cut some of you short by a month or two, but for the most part everyone seemed to have been due during the first month or two of 2007.
    To avoid this in the future we have instituted an electronic payment and tracking system as Jeremy (Waverz) has posted in a seperate thread. This system will allow us to track memberships accurately going forward.
    We do realize that this is less then ideal, however, we really do not have any other viable options for bringing ourselves up to date on the membership.
    Also, please note that to be eligible to enter and win during this weeks raffle drawing you must have paid your 2008 dues. We will have a computer set up Saturday at the meeting so that you can pay your dues and will also have forms and will be able to accept cash payments if you do not want to use the online payment system. However, to ease congestion at the door for the meeting Saturday we are asking that you take advantage of the online registration tool. We will have an updated list at the meeting for those that are paid to date and are eligible to participate in the raffle.
    If you have questions or concerns with this please PM me. 
    Thanks in advance for your understanding of this situation.
    2008 Board of Directors

2. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is the list of Paid Members as of 3PM today.
    Name
    Joel Tesdall
    Al Nelson
    Ryan Holl
    Jeremy Koetters
    Anna Dusterhoft
    Caleb Kanneberg
    Jeremy Meyer
    Tina Adelmund
    Philip First
    Chris Eastin
    Jason Brunken
    ashley wetjen
    Matthew Behrends
    Ryan Braumann
    kevin keimig 
    Brian Hopp
    Robyn Terwilliger
    Lee Weber
    Matthew Ballard
    Troy Avis
    Jeff Wagner
    Allen Mabee 
    Nick Varner 
    Andrew McClure
    Philip Doughty
    Joe Benter
    Stephanie Sullivan
    Casey Schares
    Billy Greenlee
    SONE LOVAN
    Ryan West
    William Kennedy
    David Mahncke
    Jeremy Orchuck
    Ben Nerrison
    Ben Wolf
    Jake Worden
    Anne Millins
    denise borisek
    Fawn A Wood
    randy runquist
    kenneth nielsen
    Ryan Holl
    Nate Spencer
    Craig Johnston

3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    im sorry i used my girlfriends card to pay online and entered her name in payment field so it didnt reject the payment if you could change kathy taylor to nick varner it would be much appreciated

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By fnvarner on 01/18/2008 7:27 AM
    im sorry i used my girlfriends card to pay online and entered her name in payment field so it didnt reject the payment if you could change kathy taylor to nick varner it would be much appreciatedNo problem.
    Thanks.
    Billy

5. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do we pay electronically? I know you said it's in another thread. Maybe you could sticky the thread or something.

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By mwood on 01/18/2008 8:20 AM
    How do we pay electronically? I know you said it's in another thread. Maybe you could sticky the thread or something.
    Go to the upper right hand side of the page where the tab says "Join GIRS". The payment instructions are in there. Jeremy did have a post stickied, I will verify that it still is.
    Thanks.
    Billy

7. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just paid for 2008. Billy, could you please verify that for me when you get a minute?

Thanks
    Jeremy

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Nykademus on 01/18/2008 8:58 AM
    I just paid for 2008. Billy, could you please verify that for me when you get a minute?
    Thanks
    Jeremy
    Jeremy it went through, thanks.
    Billy

9. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Billy,

One more clarification please. Family memberships - My wife (Linda) likes to come along with me on some of the outings and she likes to buy Coral. ;0) You have said the family memberships are gone and the individual will suffice now. Does that mean Linda needs her own membership to attend events?

Joel

10. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Joel, your regular membership covers your family. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

11. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    denise borisek is seanndenise1

12. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks.

It is attached to the correct username.

13. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was Anne Millins a typo? Should it be Mullins? If so paypal is in her name and should be Wayne, could someone check. I paid probally 2-3 months ago. thanks wayne

14. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your paid up Wayne. I will change the typo on the membership roll.

Billy

15. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I pay paled my dues on october 19 2007 how long Am i covered for????Thanks Ryan Nielsen Nielsen2773

16. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Billy..............

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I paid my dues tonight.

18. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By nielsen2773 on 01/18/2008 6:48 PM
    I pay paled my dues on october 19 2007 how long Am i covered for????Thanks Ryan Nielsen Nielsen2773
    Paid until 1-1-2009, carried forward as paid on 1-1-2008

19. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I want to make shure that my 2008 dues are paid. please pm me thanks Dave

20. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I just recently learned about GIRS and am planning to join. From talking with Ryan Scholl, I understood that with all dues coming due in January of each year, that dues for a partial year would be pro-rated. This afternoon when I tried to join and pay, it looked like my credit card would be charged the full amount, instead of something slightly less than a half year fee. Please clarify what dues will be for joining for the remainder of the year. Thanks.