1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2" BLACK TANG

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Guest, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can get a 2" Black Tang for $400 but I only have 30 more minutes before I have to tell the wholesalers that I pass.  Call ASAP 319-538-1866
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Wow that is a hell of a price for a rare fish.

Now if I only had a tank & an extra $400.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still can probably get the tang in Chicago tomorrow (the fish people only had one) however it will be around $500 now because of logistics.  This is still a heck of a deal, I have never seen one before and have never had an opportunity to purchase a black tang until now.  Come on, make your tank and show tank!
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish Store
    319-538-1866

4. saltwater2003

saltwater2003 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Black Tang
    (Zebrasoma Rostratum)

Availability: Out Of Stock - Special Order 2-4 Weeks

View larger

Size: Sm
    Reg: $349.99
    Internet Only: $289.99 *

Item No. 63863-black-tang-zebrasoma-rostratum

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody I saw on line Black Tangs for less $400, I even saw them for less then $300. But you know what I found out? They can even be going for 25 cents and it is no deal if they do not have them in stock! I am paying sponsor of girs and I am not only trying to make a living (store front) I also try to let people know in the hobby when something very special comes along like a Black Tang. Thank you in advance for letting me vent.
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish Store

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Yep that is a good price for a hard to come by fish. I have also seen them as high as $600 - $800 for that size.

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By BoBosfishstore on 09/16/2008 06:42 PM
    Hey everybody I saw on line Black Tangs for less $400, I even saw them for less then $300. But you know what I found out? They can even be going for 25 cents and it is no deal if they do not have them in stock! I am paying sponsor of girs and I am not only trying to make a living (store front) I also try to let people know in the hobby when something very special comes along like a Black Tang. Thank you in advance for letting me vent.
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish Store
    I think I am missing your point...  Did you recieve a pm from someone that you are venting about or are you mad because nobody jumped on the black tang you found?  If the later is the case, you need to remember this site is slow this time of year and there is only a limited amount of people right now with an income that would support a $400 fish.  The economy sucks and one of the first places many cut back is their hobbies.  The fact that it did not sell should be no reflection on you or the club, just a reflection on the state of the economy and current demand for that fish.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Travis, not at all am I upset that nobody jumps on it (the wholesaler my still have the tang) I completely understand and agree with you regarding the economy. Not only that I would be scared to death a $400 fish could die and I'd be out the money. What upsets me is that when I try and pass along a good and rare deal and then a shmuk posts on the site that it is not a good deal because they can get it cheaper on a web site. The only point I was trying to make is an advertisement on a website for a fish or any other item is no great deal when the supplier does NOT have it in stock. Thank you for your input and I hope I made sense, you have a great day.
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish Store

9. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By BoBosfishstore on 09/17/2008 11:18 AM
    Hey Travis, not at all am I upset that nobody jumps on it (the wholesaler my still have the tang) I completely understand and agree with you regarding the economy. Not only that I would be scared to death a $400 fish could die and I'd be out the money. What upsets me is that when I try and pass along a good and rare deal and then a shmuk posts on the site that it is not a good deal because they can get it cheaper on a web site. The only point I was trying to make is an advertisement on a website for a fish or any other item is no great deal when the supplier does NOT have it in stock. Thank you for your input and I hope I made sense, you have a great day.
    Gary
    Bo Bo's Fish Store
    Gary,
    No problem.  I had no idea, and neither will anyone that reads this thread now, that someone had made a post like that previously.  I just couldn't understand where you were comming from.  Now that I know there was a post that got deleted, it all makes sense.

10. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gary,

Just saw the post, It's nice to see a business and sponsor take the time to let members know of deals and rare products that you come across. You don't see that very often in this day and age!

Thanks for your efforts!!!

11. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By B-Rad on 09/21/2008 04:14 AM

Gary,

Just saw the post, It's nice to see a business and sponsor take the time to let members know of deals and rare products that you come across. You don't see that very often in this day and age!

Thanks for your efforts!!!
    Ditto.  I always like to hear of cool stuff that would make the trip worth while.  It is also nice to know there is someone that can shop the wholesalers for us to find what we are looking for.

12. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I think the thing to always remember when dealing with "super great deals" online is the fact that you never actually see the fish or coral before you get it. I would far rather pay a tad more for something I know is healthy or someone is looking at and can confirm is healthy than take my chances online. People don't realize that some deals are so good because there crap. Personally I've been around long enough to stop caring, I would rather hash out the cash and have something I know is good rather than buy crap. Keep your head up, let a-holes be that, your sponsoring the club and giving us your support means more than you know. It's hard to find a storefront in this hobby who isnt out to make a buck no matter what, you'll be surprized how many people would rather sell there frags to someone like you than someone out to make the buck. Jason

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice and kind words. I'll keep posting as things come around.