1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Notice Watch Threads (formerly Subscriptions) have been restored

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Bud, May 3, 2015.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Xenforo support is great, I tell ya. With a point in the right direction from one of the Xenforo developers, I was able to pull some information from the database and figure out how to restore the Watched threads.

I'm working on this now, I have to create the table (which is currently winding up my laptop fan like crazy) and then append the existing table in the database.

One caveat to this is that you will now be "Watching" every thread you ever posted on. There is no way to tell what you had previously un-subscribed from (that is, if you posted in a thread and then unchecked the "Subscribe" box). But IMO, this is better than never knowing that someone posted in an old thread that you had previously posted on, unless you happened to visit the site.

If you find this particularly annoying, you can mass-unwatch all threads you are watching by doing the following:

Click the Watch Threads link below the Nav Bar

watched 1.JPG

Then, if there is a list of Unread Watch Threads, hover over the text There may be more to view (highlighted below), and click that

watched 2.JPG

This will take you to your All Watch Threads page - or you can click the link below to take you there:

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/watched/threads/all

Once there, hover over the Manage Watched Threads link and select Stop watching threads.

Note that this will remove your watch notifications from all threads you are watching. Use this with caution, as the only way to restore this is for me to do it manually via a database query.

watched 3.JPG

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This is now done