1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Zoo med cyclops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armydog, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    So since cyclops eeze is not available anymore till the court battle is done. I purchased zoomed can o cyclops and made some small frozen cubes for my tank lol. Each can makes 16 cubes which I now found out I need to only use half a cube. But just another thing I feed my fish and corals :)

20161002_194745.jpg

20161002_194749.jpg

20161002_194811.jpg

20161002_194758.jpg

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    What's the lawsuit? I haven't heard about that. I thought I heard someone say that the population they used to harvest from was gone and that's why it disappeared.

You can get the stuff from Brine Shrimp Direct still I'm pretty sure, which is essentially the same product

New Wave Arctic Copepods

3. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    From what I read the lake that they harvested Cyclops eeze from the owner died and his kids are fighting over ownership rights of it. I'll see if I can find the link

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Oh well, I decided against using it ever again after I called them with some questions about rinsing for use in the DIY food and they basically threatened to sue me if I used the name brand in a list of ingredients, even though we were making it for only club members and not manufacturing it for sale like we were in business to make food or something...

5. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Oh crazy