1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? ZEOvit?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B_Braz, Nov 23, 2016.

1. B_Braz

B_Braz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -0
  2. B_Braz

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -0
    I can hear the crickets....

3. I have had great luck with Zeo, been running for 9 months. I use the Avast reactor that utilizes vibration to mix the media in conjunction with an Apex

4. B_Braz

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -0
    That sounds sweet. But what's BAD the about it. I mean your the only one to respond and now I have missed the Black Friday sale on it. Not a big deal, but I'm not gonna drop cash on something tell I know the ins and outs of it. Wish others would reply with there input. Really want to hear the bad as much as the good. What I have gotten so far is it's great. But what I have seen is the dollars that would go flying out the window to run it properly. If this is so, is it worth the amount of cash you have to spend to run it?????

5. F.D. Reefer Well-Known ReefKeeper

Fort dodge
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Get ahold of Armydog "Donny"
    Pretty sure he was doing it!

Sent from my iPhone via App

6. Buku Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +202 / 4 / -0
    How big of a system will you have? I will have an extra 1.5L vertex zeo reactor. Never been online.

7. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Check out the Zeovit forums. Lots of good info on it. Only reasons I don't run it is cost and the amount of manual dosing and shaking the Zeovit reactor turned me away.
    You should also look into the Aqua Forest line. They have a method similar to Zeovit.

And another method to look into is the Triton method. This one is way different but worth the look.

Zeovit tanks look amazing when done right.

8. B_Braz

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -0
    It would only be on a 75. Hit me up Buku. And thanks for the advice on the ZEOvit forums.

9. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    I ran it successfully on my 180g SPS tank. It did an amazing job at keeping PO4 and NO3 pinned at 0. As others have said the downside is cost and a lot of manual dosing. You can automate some of it pretty easily... ZeoStart is the carbon source which can be diluted with RO and dosed through a peristaltic dosing pump.

10. dido to actuary,..low po4 and no3