1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Frags 12 Dec meeting in QC

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Bluefool, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My QT tank frag rack is empty and lonely.
    What with the holidays I don't have a ton of cash available for frags ($100ish), but the stuff I like tends to be cheap.
    I'm looking for (in rough order)
    Birdsnest
    Chalice
    Acans
    Montis
    Trumpets
    Zoas
    Palys
    I *don't* want Xenia, Kenya tree, favias or difficult SPS.
    Colorwise I like blues and purples, and if it lights up under actinic thats a big plus.
    I'm trying to keep it around $10 a frag, so if you have a super rare 8 color chalice, I'm probably not your guy.
    The more purple the frag, the more my wife will let me get away with spending /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif.

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey great idea Bluefool. Wish i could help you out but my tank is empty other then LR and water.

3. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I figured whats a reef club meeting without frags? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

Oh yeah, I'm also looking for ricordia and mushrooms.

4. tasha6

tasha6 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    May have an orange ricorda I might be able to get my husband to part with.  Some standard green striped mushrooms.  Nothing else that would be ready yet.

5. doug6644

doug6644 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wish I could say I could join in on the meeting. It's kinda hard with two little girls and a bigger one who loves the hobby with me, but "why is it so expensive"? But if anyone is interested, I have some purple/green rics, green spotted purple shrooms, a couple frags of ppe's. And a tiny head of hammer corals. Plus, a couple of rocks covered in various colors of shrooms, red,purple, and spotted, the rocks vary in size, but both are bigger than a baseball. If there is interest, maybe I can convince my wife to join me, and come to the meeting. Thanks, Doug

6. Bryan-1

Bryan-1 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I tried to send you a message but don't think it went through.
    I would like to come and see what you have.
    Thanks

7. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'll be there with cash, so anybody with a few, bring 'em on in!

This snow should be done and over with for Sunday, so I'm all ramped up for the meeting!

8. Bryan-1

Bryan-1 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    so I guess it is ok to bring a cooler and some money and if someone brings some thing I could get it if I want?

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMO, you are always better off having something you do not need then not having something you do.