1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Fall Fest Frags

Discussion in '2010' started by Bluefool, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed someone posted what they were going to have for preorders and it hit me that is a good idea.
    I'm looking for folks who would want to have a guaranteed sale at Fall Fest.
    I'm thinking I could drop $200ish, with the hopes I would split it between a couple of folks, depending on what frags folks have.
    My tank is a 300 gallon reef that is pretty new; it just finished up its cycle.  (Frags will go into my QT tank, long set up and cycled).  I have a turbulent flow area under MH lighting, and some gentle flow spots with low light.   CA reactor up and running...but not much is using it right now.
    What I want is *EASY* corals.  This is my first salt tank and I don't want to kill too much on my learning curve.  No Xenia or anything else that will take over the tank, but Zoas, Palys, Easy LPS or even Easy SPS. 
    I don't really want "rare" stuff; I'm more after common and hardy.  I'll do a 10 zoas for $100 deal faster then I'll take one $50 sps.
    If they fluoresce under actinic, that's a big plus.  Blues and purples, bright weird stuff a plus, no brown please /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif.
    Whatcha got?
    Feel free to hijack the thread; maybe we can make sure everybody knows they will cover gas money /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif.

2. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For the kinds of coral you are looking for, there will be no need to pre-order. The demand won't be there. There will be club members selling your kind of coral, cheap, me included......the commercial vendors will have the rare, awesome, and expensive stuff..... Tip: If you do most of your buying from club members in the last hour of the fest, you will walk away with incredible deals. By that time people are literally giving stuff away.

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Dude don't tell people to wait for the fire sale!!!!! Realy though he is right I do it every time but shhhhhh we don't talk about that before hand Jim!!

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Moved to Fest forum.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ya Shhhhsssshhhh, geez ......