1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

wondering how everyones tanks are doing

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by joshua.jebe, Aug 18, 2015.

1. i havent been able to talk to many local members lately because of my job and new bussiness venture. but i wanted to touch base with my waterloo region and see if anybody wanted to share whats been going on in there tanks (good or bad) and create a mini discussion.

we can have it here and or in conjunction over a frosty beverage some evining also.

mine and jenettes tanks currently has seen better days we have an alge infestation were fighting in our 75 and our 120 is still in early build stages and not even worthy of a build thread as of yet.

joshua

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I feel your pain, ive been building my 180 since January, still working on plumbing and ordering all the components, i have been taking pics on my phone so some day when its worthy of a thread i can create one

3. when are you not working on a project jason? you have the same drive as i do so i would say theres a project for every awake moment and a few you wish you could do while sleeping!

but we are awful quiet as far as whats going on except for craigs ocassional pix from his home build i see once in a while. obviously with it being nice out everyone is busy there and i deffinately am with my construction/concrete work. i have welded/built a few custom stands this year but otherwise its been rough without ACC as a meeting spot.
    we deffinately need to get on some sort of schedule/rotation for in person conversation.

could always do an in person build thread with hands on help?

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    If i wasnt saving for equipment id say sure on the hands on but everything is pretty much plumbed in. Just picked up two gyre 150's and now to save for a controller and skimmer, and wait for the new kessil ap700's to come out, putting 2 over it. As far as the meeting goes.....ive never needed a reason to hang out with friends and fish nerds, Jeremy was just saying we should get together and grab a slice, maybe wait til Craig gets back from macna and he can tell us all about it and we can all hang out awhile

5. thats a great idea, almost like a mini speaker event lol

6. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to your 180 Jason. My small 20 gal is slowly taking off, not worthy of an audience yet though. I will say that I've become addicted to Rock Flower Nems, might start a 2nd RFA only tank :)

7. jayt Well-Known ReefKeeper

Harpers Ferry, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I recently got into the hobby and find myself already wanting to go bigger. Looking to buy a 180 or 200ish and have all my equipment in the room behind it. Have almost everything but a tank

8. there is some large tanks out there jayt. weather you go new or used i look forward to checking out pictures lol

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm new here. Someone told me if I post here I might be able to get free frags.

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I have some really cool small anemones you can have. They are green with pink tips, about the size of a quarter.

11. Blaze

Blaze

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I also have some anemones fragged for you Jeremy. They dont have the green and pink colors in them, they are Ultra Aussie Rare brown. Also some neat green Emerald pearl looking frags.

12. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0

anenome 2.jpg
    Do they look like this. If so that is one heck of a deal . And they grow so fast.

anenome.jpg

--- Auto-Merged, Nov 10, 2015 ---
    they even make a removal tool as well so you can share.

13. bwg777

Waterloo, iowa
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i am super interested in a get together..... been in Waterloo about 2 years... I would love to meet people in this area with corals and fish.... A little about me.... I have 14 tanks....125g on down.... i have been raising my own live food.... phytoplankton, pods, rotifer, saltwater mollies, macro algae. started in saltwater in college in 1990.....

14. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just checking out ancient threads, where's the build thread Jason, I couldn't find it?