1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Will this grow any coral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Breyer E, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Fred

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    How many bulbs does your fixture hold? I think that bulb would be fine if you had a fixture that held like 4 bulbs. And mix up your 10k with some blue atinics.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. M2R

Charles City
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that spectrum grows corals fast. The color may not be what you want but sps grow quickly under 10k. LPS aren't as picky I don't know how many bulbs you will need. Most coral adjust to amount of light but again that will impact color. They will love that bulb though. What are you planning on keeping?

Last caution and this one is the most important, change that bulb every 9 months. if you have three bulbs for example change one alternating every 3 months. This is where most people go wrong with fluorescent lighting. It used to drive me nuts reading RC garbage where someone would set up a tank and all would look great until about 1 year then the corals which were doing fine would start to decline. RC group think would then instead of telling them to buy a new bulb steer them toward expensive MH.

3. wylie New User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Get led lights. Looks so much better and dont have to replace bulbs so often. Go with radion, kessil, or ai

4. Hey I just saw you were from cc do you have any old equipment you would get rid of