1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build! Whoops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ben Cairy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    When you finally go to set your tank up and realize you drilled way too low for the overflow... anybody got a new 75 gallon laying around? Wasted $220 on this one

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    You can buy one of my 93 rimless cubes for 250. Reef ready no drilling.

3. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Would like the 4 foot tank for swimming room. I am tempted on the cube though lol

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    What kind of overflow setup were you planning to run? There should be a way to make that one work for you still.

5. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the synergy reef 16" shadow overflow . For some reason I can't upload images right now. The top of it sits at the bottom of the trim and the teeth come down a half inch. Not quite sure what I was thinking. So much for measure twice cut once lol

6. aussie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 1 / -0
    Man the 93 is decent

7. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What's the dimensions on the 93 again Roman?

8. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    30x30x24h

9. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'll just think it over!

10. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Think I could drill 2 new holes an inch above the others and plug the other 2 holes?

11. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    Could probably. You might silicone a piece of glass over or install bulkheads in the wrong holes and either plug them or use them for returns. either way, the fix will likely interfere with the fit of the overflow and it will likely need to be moved to one side.
    ...a note,...I noticed there is a drilling template on that item on the BRS website you can download and print.:D

12. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah , there's not really a way to make it work. This I'm just going to set my 120 RR back up and call it a day and just sell the overflow lol

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    There's a bug with one of the settings, you can upload pics but they have to be less than 2MB. For some reason even though it's set much higher on the new server, that's not passing down to the individual domains. Web Admin is working on it, it's kind of an odd one...

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @Ben Cairy@Ben Cairy try uploading pics again please when you get a chance. I still have one more server tweak to do (just haven't had time) but I was able to raise the upload limit via a workaround.

15. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Bud@Bud i still cannot get it to upload the photo. I will try taking another one tonight and see how that goes.

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    What method are you using? mobile phone? Desktop?

17. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Oh using my cell phone

18. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    huh...I just did one from my iphone, it went through. What phone? Any idea what megapixel/MB the image is?

19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @Ben Cairy@Ben Cairy try it again if you would please. 62nd time's a charm.

20. Ben Cairy

Hiawatha
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Believe it worked!

Attached Files: