1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

VorTech MP40W ES and MP10W ES Demo

Discussion in '2010' started by AJ, Apr 23, 2010.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interested in checking out the new VorTech MP40W ES and the VorTech MP10W ES powerheads?  We will have them for you to check out and demo at Spring Fest.  These are equipped with the brand new EcoSmart series drivers, not the older generation.  If you don't own them, come and check them out and see if they're something you're interested in.  If you already own the older generation, this is a way to check out the new features in the EcoSmart drivers.  This is not going to be a scheduled demo, but an area that's open the entire time where you can just check them out and play with the various modes and settings.  Since we don't have any local retailers that carry these, it should be a great opportunity for you to get some first hand exposure to them and see if they are right for you.  Just one more reason why Spring Fest is going to be a great event!
    Thanks for providing these powerheads EcoTech!
    --AJ

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Nice! Do you know of anyone selling just the drivers?

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EcoTech sells an upgrade kit for $75. http://ecotechmarine.com/parts-store/mp40w-gen2-to-mp40w-es-upgrade-kit/ That's driver only...no power supply. Considering that the old MP40W drivers only have been selling for $40 to $45 on RC buy/sell, that makes your upgrade about $30 to $35 each. I know they had a special price on the upgrades if you had purchased recently, but I don't know if that's any good anymore.

--AJ

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Awesome I'm going to have to get me a pair of drivers after frag fest. Aj I sent you a couple pm's don't know why you haven't responded? I figure it's another glitch in the system check your inbox.
    -Bill

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM Sent.

--AJ

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ, are these your units or is someone who represents ecotech actually running the show here? Either way, pretty cool that people get the opportunity.

PS ES drivers are worth the upgrade. Get them while they are still 25% off /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/hybrid//emoticons/wink.gif

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The pumps are refurbs that EcoTech gave me in the Spring when I sent my other pumps in for repair. I told them that we didn't have local retailers and they gave me these so that I could demo them to others int he club. They are sending new ES drivers for them so we can check out the new drivers and I figured, what better time than Spring Fest.

Personally, I've not see the new ES drivers and I'm excited to see them in action myself.

--AJ

8. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that is pretty nice of them to do.

9. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    How are you setting this demo up? I would think just a empty tank I was thinking you should bring a small air pump to inject some micro bubbles into the tank so the flow pattern can clearly be seen.
    -Bill

10. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Be nice to see the demo before the reefgeek group order.

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The timing won't allow for that, but you're right...it would be nice.
    --AJ

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just thinking about a 20L tank with one on each end.  That's what I have to work with, so that's how I was going to set it up.  I would like to do something taller, but I don't have a taller tank to bring...the only options I have are a 10 and 20L.  Honestly, a 10 gallon is *way* too small.  I don't think it gives adequate room for good undertows to develop.  A 29 would be a really nice size if someone had one and was willing to bring it.  If you want to bring an air pump and air stone, feel free, but I don't have any available to bring.
    --AJ

13. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I'll bring one that way we can see the different flow patterns more clearly.
    -Bill

14. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great.  Thanks Bill!
    --AJ

15. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just got the FedEx tracking number...the new drivers are on their way!!

--AJ

16. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The new ES drivers showed up today! Thank you EcoTech!!

--AJ

17. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ I have a 29gal I can bring to use instead of that 20L. Let me know.

18. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Joe, that would be awesome!! Thank you! Maybe I'll bring a separate 10 gallon tank for the MP10W ES so that multiple people can play at the same time.

--AJ

19. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I upgraded the demo MP10 to the MP10W ES and check out this little video I shot tonight.  There's an MP40W ES on the right side, but for this video, it was powered off.  The only pump that's on is the MP10W ES.  The tank is a 20L and the wave is over 2.5".  It took me about 30 seconds to a minute to dial it in.  These are sweet little pumps!  Play with these pumps first hand at Spring Fest at the Vortech demo station.
    --AJ