1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Trustee needed

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by ruggerkc, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Our area needs a moor active member to take over as trustee. If your interested let me know. I will help and we have a few former trustees still around that I am sure would also help out.

2. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    How about a co-trustee? :) I'd be willing to help out any way I can. I'm not real sure what being the trustee entails so I'm not sure what kind of commitment it'd be at this point. Or... we could have a beverage and talk it over sometime so you can fill me in.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Really the big role of the trustee is planning meetings and trying to keep things active in the region. This can be anything from getting together and BSing to tank tours, to building demos or instructional meetings. What happens is strictly up to the trustee and the group. There is a decent yearly budget to help out with costs associated with these things. The big hurdle for Waterloo is going to be the initial stages of getting people back together and joining in the meetings. It's always a challenge after a region has been slow for awhile. Typically once you get a "core" group that attend most of the meetings it will become more of a group effort to plan things and keep activity strong.
    The other role of the trustee is a member of the club BOD. They will be involved with the discussions on club matters that the BOD deals with as well as voting when necessary.