1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tornados in Marshalltown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roman, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    How is everyone in Marshalltown doing after the storms. Hope all is well.

2. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Saw some pretty intense footage from there. Crazy - in West Des Moines the skies were clear and sunny but if you looked East it was a whole different picture.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    TNT Corals is good, thank you! There is a lot of destruction unfortunately. Main street and our major manufacturing companies took severe hits. The main street is blocked off to where you have to walk to view it. Major/emergency routes are open...or almost all.

Haven't heard much about the hospital and the evacuations there. Emergency services are spread throughout town...cell phone service is sketchy. Will take at least 2 or 3 weeks for cleanup. Rebuilding is unknown. Residents and work crews, and emergency response teams are responding as quickly as they can. Thank God no one was killed. The Animal Clinic, Dr Drager and his staff, are open during no open hours....everyone is doing their best!

Where Rod works, JBS Swifts, they are providing food (pork) and they were hit hard also. Everyone is doing all they can! Thanks Roman fir your post!!

4. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping all was well with you, I thought you were out of the path as far as your home. I did not think about the work place. So many people are temporarily out of work because of the tornadoes.

5. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The hospital received some roof damage, broken windows and some mechanical equipment on the roof was tossed around. I think the evacuations were done because of the uncertainty of restoration of utilities which would impact the comfort of patients. The power and gas are back on now, the roof has been temporarily covered. The last mechanical piece should be returned to it's position on the roof tomorrow. I think the end of the week is the goal for reopening.

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Thank you Maureen!