1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The Ark - moving to Boone

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Bud, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Forgot to post about this, I stopped up there last week to drop off flyers and the store was a huge mess, turns out their building got sold and the new owner decided not to renew the lease and they found out 10/10 that they had to be out by the end of the month (actually I think they had to be out by this past Tuesday)

Anyways, the owner said his son is re-opening the store in Boone and I think that might be happening this weekend.

He said they would still have SW and he would like to set up a big coral frag tank so there is a possibility that we might be getting another LFS option 'round here. We'll see!

Anyone who lives in Boone/Ames, I'd be interested to hear how the new store looks. Might be hitting them up for sponsorship one of these days as well...

2. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    cool that would be nice

3. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Obviously the building owner has poor choice in hobbies!

4. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Have visited the Ark off and on since they were in the basement. Consistency of quality was sometimes an issue.
    Hope they do well in the new location.

5. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I stopped by the new location last weekend. It's still a bit chaotic, but once they get it sorted it seems like a decent layout. Smaller than the old old building.