1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by JB, Jan 30, 2013.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've started work on a Tapatalk plugin for our forum software. The first version should support most of the Tapatalk 3.0 API with a few exceptions (no private messages for example).

It's a bit API, so it's probably going to take me a while to get it done.

Any avid tapatalk users want to help me test once I'm a little further along?

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am not currently via App, but I know some people that say that it is awesome for forums like this. I might just have to get it and try it out. I won't be much of a tester though since I don't know much about it, but I wanted to at least say that it should be awesome and to thank you in advance for your continued efforts.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm a fan. Great to hear.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    No clue what it is, can you explain to us technically challenged people?

5. a12ptbk

a12ptbk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in. I use it on a few different forums once in awhile. It works great on my iPhone on the other forums. Looking forward to see it on this one . It's an app that lets you browse and post to forums from your phone so you don't have to use your phones web browser. It's pretty slick.

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait from what I have heard this will be a great addition to our site. I have not used it,but if you want me to beta it on this site let me know..I am on Android phone..

Thanks JB for all your hard work you put into this site.

KP

7. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll help you test, JB! I use tapatalk now for R2R and RC.

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yes I use tapatalk on my forum, RC, R2R, etc and it is great when you don't have a tablet or PC handy. I was not aware of a tapatalk 3.0, I thought there was just 2.0 which was just released for the iPhone I think. What is 3.0? Regardless, I would be willing to help as well.

Oh yes...THANK YOU

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    3.0 is the API version, not the client version. It just defines the feature set that the client supports.

10. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Big tapatalk user....would be more than glad to help test.

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow tapatalk is a finicky mofo. I have to scrub the crap out of the posts on the site to get them to display proplery. There documentation sucks, so it's all trial and error.

I think I've got the whole post reading process buttoned up. Now I'm on to adding the ability to post...

12. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Keep up the good work!

13. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, I have an iphone so which one would i use tapatalk or tapatalk 2 for iphone? Not sure what the difference is since they are both on the apple app site. Again JB you rock.

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just downloaded the Tapatalk 2 iOS app, but I haven't used it yet. I've been doing my testing with the older Tapatalk iOS app.

15. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB have you done any web pages using Dreamweaver? I just bought the most recent version and it has optimization for phone, tablet, and web. I'm just playing around with it now and learning how to use it, but something tells me there might be a tapatalk optimization built into it as well. I'll let ya know what I come up with. (too many buttons lol)

16. kmcgill88

kmcgill88 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB I'd be happy to help any way I can. I've recently published 2 apps myself. "ARL of IA" and "CVHumane". Have you considered a native app for the forum?

17. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Andy Dreamweaver won't help with anything related to Tapatalk. Dreamweaver creates web pages. Tapatalk uses an XML-RPC API that sits on top of our forum software. They are entirely different things.

@kmcgill88 Tapatalk is a native app. It's available for both iOS and Android (and I think even Blackberry). Tapatalk also gives you the option to create your own branded version of their native app, but it requires a monthly licensing fee.

I am still making progress on this project. Just tonight, I was able to make my first post to my test forum from a Tapatalk client. It worked like a champ.

18. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    JB

Thanks again for everything you do!

19. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have the first version of this finished and working. Unfortunately, it's not installed on the site yet. I developed it for a newer version of our portal software than what we are currently running. This means that I need to get us upgraded to the latest version before I can add the Tapatalk functionality. It's no big deal, it just takes a bit of time. Hopefully I can get it done this week yet.

-JB

20. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Sa-weet

BTW JB I like that there is a "my topics" link now. Or was that there before. Anyways it's perfect.