1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Fest - Jeanette & Terri`s coals

Discussion in '2013' started by beckerj3, Mar 29, 2013.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Terri (Sponge) and I will be having a table at Spring Fest. Something for everyone – from easy softies, mushrooms/ricordeas, to LPS and SPS. Most of the frags will be $10-$20, with a few $5 frags and a few a bit more. Here is some of the stuff we’ll have at our table. Stop by and have a look!

Mushrooms & blue ricordeas

Colt Cauliflower leather

Devil’s hand leather

Tyree green toadstool

Zoas and palys (BamBams, Sunny D’s, Armor of god, Cherry Charms, Coppertones and others)

Tri-Colored Anemone

Bird of Paradise

Frogspawn

Candy Cane (Green and Pink)

Green Slimer

Green Cap (large pieces)

Supernatural Cap

Green Spongodes

Poccilapora (Pink and Teal)

A couple different acro’s

2. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0

Jeanette is this tri-colored Anemone the one you had in frag tank and how much do you want for it

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

No, unfortunately the cute little anemone I had moved and it didn't survive. It's Terri's anemone.

Terri - can you post a pic of the anemone?

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

I don't have a picture of it currently because I have a terrible camera and I don't take good pictures/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif If my daughter has her camera with her when she comes today, I'll see if I can get her to take a picture of it. Here's some info on it:

The nem is about a year old and it is the clone. I bought the "parent" at MACNA 2011 from Jim's Reef. Jim said it came from Australia and called it a tri-colored (or rainbow) nem. He had it displayed under LED's and the colors were/are red fading to orange, yellow and green. I run T-5's and the yellow is difficult to see with my color rendition. Under my lighting it looks like a RBTA unless you look very closely. It's size is between 2-3" not including its tentacles. I feed it twice a week varying it's diet with a small silverside (cut in half) and mysis or squid. It does not like strong flow and will wander to find a spot that suits it needs. It was hosting my Clarke clown until I moved it into my frag tank a week ago in preparation to selling it.

I will not sell it to anyone that doesn't have an established reef...at least a year running. Lighting and tank size must be adequate also. I have noticed that both the nems are not as fast growing than as my RBTA. Also, they will release food if they are not hungry...unlike my RBTA which eats everything! I'm asking $100.

No promises on a picture but I'll try/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Darn it, the daughter didn't have her camera /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif Sorry!

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Well, the nem has decided to "dig in" to the hole in the rock...it doesn't look promising at all that I will be able to get it out. It's a BIG rock! I'll try but just wanted people to know that it may not be at SF /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

7. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the Tyree green toadstool the neon green kind? I'm hoping to pick that up as well as orange bam bams at Frag Fest.

Can you tell me prices of those two?

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

I cannot tell you if it is the neon green type or not. I've looked at pics on the internet for the 'neon' green type and the pics are such a range that no to of them look the same to me. Sorry.

I'm heading out shortly, for some errands and then over to the venue for set-up, since I'm coordinator on this event. So, I won't have time to take a pic.

The bam bams are $10, $15, or $20 - depending on the number of polyps. I've got 4 frags of them. Roughly between $1-$2/polyp depending on the size of the polyps.