1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

spring fest 2013?

Discussion in '2013' started by azn2nutty, Nov 19, 2012.

1. azn2nutty

azn2nutty Inactive User Vendor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im looking for some information about it! I would like to be a vendor for this event and not miss it like this past fall fest. please contact me

2. saltwater fisher

saltwater fisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wobdering if ur going to be a vendor what will u have there

3. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yah it's going to be april 6th at central campus in des moines iowa. I don't know what the sq footage is going to be like but then again I dont know what other vendors we have lines up already. What company are you/represent? I can get your space reserved soon, I will start building the page in the next month. Please email me or beckerj3 with any questions regarding Spring Fest! we'll get ya in there!

4. azn2nutty

azn2nutty Inactive User Vendor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I own Aznnutty's Saltwater Connections. I will be bringing over 70 acans, high end lps and softies. i will also be bringing a few beginer corals for new hobbiest. im requesting 2x 8' tables. in total, i should have about 250+ corals to the show. i thought i created a user name on here already as aznnutty but cant log in and cant retrieve my password either for some reason.

5. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

send a pm to "JB" and see if he can help you out with that. I'll send you information about registering and putting down a deposit for your space when we get that hammered out here in the next couple months.

6. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Spring Fest at Central Campus?? SNAP! Sounds AWESOME!!!

7. darkiss

darkiss Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice, i will wait till april to see the 70+ acans one of my fav corals.

8. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hell yes it's going to be awesome! lol

9. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Are there written guidelines anywhere for hobbyists who plan on selling? Such as: how & when to reserve a table(s), does one bring his/her SW, is there a size limit for tanks, does one bring his/her signage, things like that? New members may begin to think about selling at the SF soon....... :=0)

10. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they don't get their spots before I do!!!!! I sat out during FF so I could run the show, missed out on a payday! That hurts! lol

I'll see if we can get some guidelines written up.

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Thanks Andy! Is there a tank size restriction? Jeanette and I usually share and I wondered if a 30g can be used?

12. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    How's the guidelines coming Andy?

13. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgot all about it! I've had a lot going on. I will do this TODAY!

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    The guidelines for the last couple of years for a hobbyist table are 1 cube or rectangular 30 gallon or smaller tank. I have not heard anyone discuss any changes to this - so that's what we will continue with this year.

15. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I was just thinking of writing up some quick guidelines for hobbyists on dealing with customers, when to arrive and set up, what supplies they should bring etc. I thought it would be a useful addition to our library of documents, something we can link hobby sellers to when were making fest announcements

16. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Thanks Jeanette and Andy, I look forward to reading what you write up :+0)

17. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here's what I've come up with:

Hobbyist Fest Guidelines:

This document is meant to aid you in planning and timing your busy day at . Fest!

Hobbyists, please remember you are attending an event with professional vendors. You are expected to be punctual and professional!

Arrive at least 1 hour ahead of opening time! Preferably more, setting up and getting things to settle is important for your presentation and pocket book!

Hobbyists are limited to a single 30 gallon tank and a single table.

Each table includes admission for one person, any additional tag-alongs or other hobbyists sharing the table must pick up additional admission fees.

It’s a good idea to bring activated carbon because it improves clarity and lighting on your corals, and absorbs chemical toxins corals secrete when agitated or when in competition with other corals.

The following items are also things you should probably bring:

-towels (2 to 4 minimum)

-bagging supplies (bags and rubberbands, or ziplocks)

-change! Extra 5’s, 10’s, and 20’s (or be prepared to make nice “round” deals until you bolster your cash supply)

-cash/change box

-super glue for reattaching corals to discs

-power strip (just in case venue runs out)

-extra water (preferably uncontaminated from coral transport)

-sharpies for marking sold corals if you need to hold something for a customer

-water pumps for water oxygenation

or

-HOT magnum or other canister filter for carbon/micron filtration and water oxygenation

-checklist or booklet to keep yourself in check with your pricing on the items you’ve brought (this is a good idea for you AND your customers although bartering is of course allowed and encouraged!)

18. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    critiques? additions? comments?

19. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Will setup be the day before the event or day of?

20. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Teri, there will be setup time available for a could hours on Friday late afternoon/evening. Also Saturday before the event as well. Times will be announced.