1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Speaker videos should be up by this weekend at the latest...

Discussion in '2010' started by Waverz, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have started mixing the videos of Anthony Calfo and Gary Parr.  If homework allows they should be posted by no later than this coming weekend.
    In the meantime why not check out the videos from out past events here http://www.greateriowareefsociety.o...fault.aspx

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Looking forward to checking them out!

--AJ

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Awesome! Can't wait to see the one of Gary Parr.

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    or not...

Sorry for the delay. Between having 2 sick kids and the mother load of homework I haven't had a chance to upload the new videos yet. I should have some time tomorrow or sunday so please be patient.

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    But I want them now! Just kidding though man...I really appreciate you doing this and I know the club does too!

6. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By FishBrain on 11/09/2010 01:11 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait to see the one of Gary Parr.
    X2 I really wish I would have stayed for that one, but I got distracted, and I had to get to work down here in IC

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well here's some good news and some bad news...

I will be uploading the video of Gary Parr here in a few minutes. In my hast during the event I forgot to hit record on my video camera, luckily another member (thanks again to whoever you were) was able to record most of the presentation on his cell phone. I was able to use the audio that I recorded and dubbed it to his video and it turned out to be quite watchable. Now for the bad news, I was asked to film a local band last night and somehow I managed to record over the audio portions of both Gary Parr and Anthony Calfo. The camera audio is still intact but is quite poor IMO.

I really feel like I owe everyone an apology as I know lots of you were depending on me to get this done properly and I simply dropped the ball. Luckily, there is some footage it just isn't the greatest. I am hoping I can do a little editing to the original Calfo audio to make it more clear but it is going to take some time.

The G. Parr video is rendering now and should be available to watch starting tomorrow, as soon as I have a link I will post it. I will try my hardest to get the Calfo video up as soon as I can.

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy, this may be obvious, but if you publish the new videos to our account on Vimeo they should automatically appear on the GIRS Video link under Resources.

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow, sure does.
    Gary Parr video up.  Calfo should be up later tonight.
    To view the videos just go to the top of the page to the "Resources" tab and then go to "GIRS Videos"

10. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I go to the Resources tab, there is no "GIRS Videos" selection .. ???

11. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Are you up to date on your membership dues?

12. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well Bob, that is because the videos are a members only perk and your membership expired in May./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif
    Bad Bob!

13. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 11/16/2010 03:35 PM
    Well Bob, that is because the videos are a members only perk and your membership expired in May./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif
    Bad Bob!
    Doh !! .... [​IMG]   Touche
    ....guess I'll remedy that tonight

14. reefsamurai

reefsamurai Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was the one that recorded Gary Parr and Anthony Calfo's talks. What kind of audio/video editing software are you using Jeremy? I believe there is a way to lessen the background noise and pull out the voice portions especially if your using music quality editing software. I still have all the videos with me so if you need to have my version of Calfo's talk to try and pull audio from that, let me know.

15. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 11/16/2010 03:35 PM
    Bad Bob!
    OK...I'm legit' now....and I got the videos !! [​IMG]

16. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By reefsamurai on 11/17/2010 09:41 AM
    I was the one that recorded Gary Parr and Anthony Calfo's talks. What kind of audio/video editing software are you using Jeremy? I believe there is a way to lessen the background noise and pull out the voice portions especially if your using music quality editing software. I still have all the videos with me so if you need to have my version of Calfo's talk to try and pull audio from that, let me know.
    I use Sony Vegas for video editing and I've got Adobe Audition for audio.  I have cleaned up the audio fairly well, I just have to make time to render and upload.

17. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I'm only seeing the Parr video, not the Calfo video ??????

18. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've got a little time this weekend finally and should be up soon.
    It's gonna be rough but it will be watchable.  The backround noise is actually louder then calfo himself so it's taking quite a bit of tweeking to get the audio so it's actually "listenable". 

19. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    That would be great.  I really wanted to see Calfo's presentation.  I thought there might have been a problem with my settings when I didn't see it listed.
    Thanks!!

20. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nope I just been slacking, between circuit analysis, computer programming, and some nasty trig, and 2 kids under 3 it's hard to make time to get this kind of stuff done anymore.  I am working on as I type.