1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Some new equipment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wouldtick, Sep 2, 2015.

1. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    I picked up some backup equipment to have in stock as well as a few new pieces that I will use immediately. The pump and 1 of the rw8s will go on the shelf in case of equipment failure. I will be using the surge protector with switches. The individual outlet adapter is what i will plug in my rodi pump into. No more plugging and unplugging that pump. Just flick the switch. My very first ATO. I am most excited about this piece of equipment. Bought the double switch version from auto top off dot Com. Eventually I want to go to an automated water change system from spectrapure. Also got the red sea test kit so i can start dosing kalk as needed. I am going to try and keep everything as stable as possible. This has been my biggest weakness over the past year. I have read over and over that stability is extremely important and decided it was time to invest in some tools that would help me achieve that.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    If husbandry isn't your biggest weakness then in time you will be fine. Stability comes with a solid water change schedule. Or dosing lost parameters. But chasing a number will get you in trouble. I think we talked about in the phone a while back. Those at os are nice btw I make them myself and they ROCK with something like a Tom's lifter, you have a whole ato system for under 45 bucks! It's always good to have backup gear around and having a secondary pump will save you sometimes hundreds in overnight ing charges!

Good to see the plan coming together mate!

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Where did you get the individual outlet adapter? I need some of those - I get real tired of plugging and unplugging...

You will really love the ATO. One of the best upgrades to my system. Next thing will be for a controller to keep temp stable.

4. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Amazon: QVS PA-1P Single-Port Power Adapter with On/Off Switch

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$2.99

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks! I'll have to check them out.

6. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
  7. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Those seem like they would work really well

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    @wouldtick@wouldtick how is the Fountain-tech pump working for you? I'm needing a new ATO pump for my cube tank. The Aqualifter cannot pump as high as I need it to pump.

9. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Works great, I don't have much of an incline as mine goes into the sump.