1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

So what did you get?

Discussion in '2010' started by AJ, Nov 6, 2010.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a great show!!  I came home with a few pieces that I'm really looking forward to getting into my tank.  A bright yellow rock anemone and a purple fungia from Cherry Corals, an interesting green aussie acro from Sone, babys breath favia and pokerstar monti from Fishbrain, and what I think is the ORA Australian Delicate Staghorn from the Live Aquaria donations in the raffle.  Now I just need to find room for all of it!  So what did you get?
    --AJ

2. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Um....I sort of kind of got a total of...oh my.

44 frags. 3 colors full.

Now, I was buying mostly softies and zoas and some LPS, so they weren't too pricey...and actually did win one in the raffle.....

but it was an acro and I traded it rather than kill it...for three more frags /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif.

I'll take some pics once I clean the tank a bit.

Only thing tho.....my wife has decided that: "That Xenia is just too cute! We're having some!" I'm gonna try to stick to rare color morphs that grow slowly.....

3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I only got a couple. Got a great piece of babys breath favia from Sone, a bowbanki from cherry a
    Awesome chalice from midwest and the craziest favia i have ever seen from yz reef.

4. Gordo

Dallas Center
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got an awesome scoly from midwest!!!  I would have gotten more but my tank is full.........

5. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nothing high end or crazy, a few zoas from random people, a acan and a couple cheaper chalices. I walked away with 11 frags in all. Next time I hope to have the courage to buy the higher end items i really wanted.

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So your the guy......
    I came to the show and was planning on only getting one thing...a Scoly.  As I was waiting in line to ask how much it was he was scooping it out and bagging it up.  You got a good deal on that thing and I am super jealous.
    Being there was only one Scholy to be had at the entire show I ended up coming home with a bunch of awesome acans, and a bad *** colony of blastos from midwest and one of the Fromia Sea Stars from Cherry Corals.  I also got a mystery SPS from Sone and a nice chunk of ORA Hawkins Blue from JB.
    Quite a bit of stuff considering my tank was already full, turns out there was plenty of room.
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

7. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I scored a Very nice Bubble coral and a few dif. Favia peices from Jims corals, a big peice of Green Slimer from Joel and a smaller one from PotRoast.
    I'm very pleased! thanks guys!

John

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    7 Eye Bubble Gum Monster, Hawkins, Red Planet, GB Packers and Blue Hornets. Ya I'm a happy reefer.

9. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nothing too expensive, but a few nice things [​IMG]
    A head of duncan from Jim/potroast, very nice:
    [​IMG]
    More zoas, these are a few AOI's and then there was something else further back on the same frag:
    [​IMG]
    LOVE this acro from Sone, not sure what the name is, but the picture does not do it justice:
    [​IMG]
    Another awesome acro, this one from Bill/fishbrain.  It's a beautiful neon pink with these delicate little polyps, couldn't get a decent picture though:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Some Red people eaters from some guys from Quad city area, one said he works at AE.........they had a lot of nice stuff!
    [​IMG]
    Also got this neat looking birdsnest type acro from them too (I think /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/confused.gif), but didn't get a decent picture of it......also bought a zoa that I already had /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/pinch.gif; it looked different under the lighting there and I couldn't tell, lol!  Also some purple bonsai from Potroast.  I think that was all-that was enough!
    Bought some reef glue gel from Ocean Wonders, NICE STUFF!  Will be buying that again.

10. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 11/08/2010 11:39 AM
    LOVE this acro from Sone, not sure what the name is, but the picture does not do it justice:
    [​IMG]
    Hey Fawn, the name is appleberry monti and it is an encrusting monti. [​IMG]

11. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doh!  Of course its a monti, lol, or those are the shortest branches I've ever seen /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

12. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a small peice of tenuis... A green, orange, yellow, red colored blasto.... pokerstar monti and 2 other unknown name sps from YZ..... An acan and a bowerbunki from Cherry... a purple tipped acro from JB

13. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I bought an orange acan from house of corals and a cool sponge from Miesen.

14. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Had my tank about 1 1/2 years and this was the first fest I've been able to make it too. I got 3 frags. An acan from Sloan, not sure if it has a particular name, pulsating xenia from, can't remember who and a Rainbow Raptor zoa I think it was called from was it saltwaternewbie?? I should have written this stuff down!! Next time:) Actually all are doing awesome and I had a good time at the fest:) Enjoyed seeing Calfo for the first time and learned I shouldn't still have my same dry fish flake food I bought a year and a half ago..... good news is it proves I haven't been overfeeding!!lol

15. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    make that slovan, sorry!!!! still learning all these names:)

16. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wait, make that Slon. I'm chalking this up to my codeine cough syrup I'm on right now. lol!!! And I seriously need to take notes next time on what I got and from who. Lesson learned:)

17. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    make that Sone maybe.... help!?!? I need to proofread better too!! TIme to stop posting before I make more mistakes:)

18. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sone Lovan screen name SLovan.

19. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for clearing that up for me jtesdall! Now that you say that I'm remembering I was told that at the fest, just got confused I guess:)

20. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw my name, what's going on?? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/biggrin.gif I am glad the coral is doing well for you!