1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Fest Sign up for a Hobbyist Table!

Discussion in '2017' started by Bud, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Hello GIRS Members!

If you are interested in bringing some of your corals, fish, or other items to Spring Fest, please post in this thread and/or start a conversation with me!

Below are the table fees and guidelines (these are specific to Spring Fest 2017):

GIRS Member Table (for Hobbyists):
    • GIRS Membership dues must be current
    • $35 cash/paypal payment only ($30 for table, $5 for power use charge - ISF is charging this now)
    • Single tank per hobbyist, approximately 20G max
    • Half table (Shares table with another hobbyist)
    • NOTE: Venue space available allows for everyone to have a full table, but we reserve the option to combine 2 hobbyists on to the same table under certain circumstances
    • Cannot combine tables and/or tanks (i.e. no splitting the table fees)
    • No special table decorations (only those provided by fest coordinator/team)
    • No advertising material, signage, or business cards
    • No "bulk quantities" new equipment or dry goods (i.e. can't bring a stack of items)
    • Can bring personal used equipment or unwanted new equipment / dry goods (i.e. something they bought and don't need, just not multiple items) see Note below
    • Listed on fest promotion posts as a hobbyist
    Note: we are also allowing GIRS Members to get a table for only personal used equipment or unwanted new equipment / dry goods. There would be no $5 power use charge for such a table (i.e. $30 instead of $35)

Setup Times

You can set up the day of the event (bright and early!), or the night before - the venue will be open for setup on Friday night from 7-10pm

For reference, here are the table fees and guidelines for Premium Members, who have already been contacted (these are specific to Spring Fest 2017):

GIRS Premium Member Table:
    • GIRS Premium Membership dues must be current
    • $35 cash/paypal payment only ($30 for table, $5 for power use charge - ISF is charging this now)
    • Single table, approximately 30g max tank size
    • At the discretion of the Fest Coordinator, multiple tanks totaling no more than approximately 40g might be allowed (20 + 20, 30 + 10, etc)
    • Cannot split with another Premium Member or Hobbyist (exception: multiple members operating jointly)
    • Can bring special table decoration (within reason)
    • Advertising material, custom signage (within reason) and business cards allowed
    • Dry goods / equipment stock allowed (new, bulk quantities, etc)
    • Personal equipment / dry goods stock allowed
    • Listed on fest promotion posts as a Premium Member, in larger text only (no graphic banner/logo)
    If you have any questions at all, please post them here and we will get you an answer as quickly as possible!

Thanks!
    Bud

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I sent payment for my table

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Thanks @beckerj3@beckerj3! You actually are under the Premium Member group, I contacted all the Premium Members outside of this thread :)

@GIRS Member:There is still space for GIRS Member Hobbyists! We don't list hobbyists on the vendor flyer, and as long as we have space, we don't limit the number of GIRS hobbyists!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bump! Still room for GIRS Member hobbyists to get a spot!

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bump!!

Got a few frags or some used equipment to sell? Get a table at Spring Fest!

Bring a ~20g tank with frags, fish, etc!
    Bring your used equipment, dry goods, even new stuff you didn't end up needing!
    See the first post of this thread for all the details!

We have a few extra tables that can be used, but the total quantity of tables available is limited this close to the fest!