1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Fest Saltwater needed for vendors!

Discussion in '2018' started by Bud, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I’ve had a couple vendors ask about saltwater.

I’ve reached out to Seascapes and they might be able to provide it, but I don’t want to take all of their saltwater!

Right now, between the two vendors it’s up to nearly 200g. Seascapes sells for $1.25/g after returning the containers (which you pay for up front)

If anyone is able to provide any saltwater, please speak up!

For consistency, I’m thinking Reef Crystals but I don’t think it matters terribly - salinity is more important, 1.024-1.026 being the target (aim high, easier to cut it down)

Need it to temp and clear and on site Saturday evening around 8 or so

If anyone can help, these vendors will pay the retail price!

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Down to ~125g, more if possible :)

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @GIRS Member was hoping to have some people jump on this, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...that's ok, it was short notice.

I may have another solution that will get us part of the way, I have someone that can make 100g and maybe a bit more, but they are short of containers and the ability to transport it.

So now I am looking for any volunteers who have some buckets (or who can collect a few) and go get the saltwater (north side of town) and bring it to the fairgrounds by about 8 or 9pm Saturday night.

I have 55g Brutes and a few heaters and mixing pumps so all I really need are bodies to transport water and supply containers.

Can I get some help!?!

4. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    My 4Runner has a few spots that aren't totally rusted yet, so I'd be happy to transport some saltwater:roflmao:

I can pick it up on my way to the FG for setup if needed.

5. Buku Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +202 / 4 / -0
    I have 165 and 100 gallon poly tanks I could mix in. Just have no way of transporting the water.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That makes 2 volunteers to mix!

who else can help transport to the show Saturday night? James and I have a lot of other things to handle that night so if there is literally anyone else that can help...

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    How many buckets are needed? You know what's up Bud so I could bring some if we can. If someone else from M"town is going, they could get them frome and then it would be a for sure thing,Have a spare 32g brute can but it would need 2 strong guys to lift/carry or fill and empty with tubing and pump.