1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

News Reimagining eggcrates: Innovative Marine's SnappGrid

Discussion in 'News, Events & Fests' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Note: this is an automatic feed from the Advanced Aquarist blog at Advanced Aquarist. Content does not necessarily reflect the views of the Greater Iowa Reef Society and/or any of its Members.

Click through to see the images.

Each SnappGrid pack features:

• 2x Interlocking black eggcrates
    • 8x 1” Stackable risers
    • Dimension: 10.25” x 7” per eggcrate
    • Grid spacing: 15mm (0.59”)
    • Stackable, modular design that can be installed horizontally or vertically
    • Constructed from flexible styrene
    • 100% Reef Safe

The retail price of a two-pack SnappGrid with eight risers is $9.99. A 16-pack of additional risers retails for $5.99. This product is available now and is shipping to stores nationwide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a nice product and could be handy for some thing like one of Bud's Algae cleaners to sit on.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Hmmm...not sure what you're meaning? I've seen people mount on egg crate spanned over the sump, but this product is for elevating egg crate used as a frag rack.

4. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I know that is what they used it for but it looks like you could use it to set other things on as well and adjust the height according to what you need. I am not sure if it would be stable enough but it is a thought.