1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

pm

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Maureen, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I receive pm's. I mark them as read but it does not work, it shows I have a new message continually. I can not send or reply to pm's. The problems are new since we upgraded GIRS site. [​IMG] It seems this is a problem not every one has so do you have an idea how to make it work for me? Help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Foes this happen on all web browsers? IE, Firefox and Google?

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    try log out then log in?

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    1) While in the message center (PMs), press Control-F5 to reload the page with the latest files.

2) If you're using Chrome, switch to something else. It's very fast at the price of being very buggy, especially when it comes to Javascript.

5. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    An error occurred while creating the message:undefined......that is what I get when I try to send a pm. I tried the control f5. Still the same results. I use firefox and have a mac.

6. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    My son came over and checked out my computer and now the problem seems to be solved. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am happy to not have the you have a message pop up all the time and I can send pms again!

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It looks like control-f5 doesn't work for Firefox on the Mac. I guess you have to use cmd-shift-r instead

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  8. jb i have been un able to pm anybody either and i have to fight to aknowledge i read a pm i recieved. i get the error on page message