1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Notice Photo uploading errors

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Bud, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I recently ran a few upgrades on the server and one of them unknowingly uninstalled something which caused the site to go down (this was last week, for about 20 minutes). I had to re-install some things to get everything back up and running and apparently whatever happened there caused a problem with photo uploading.

The site seems to error out when the photo being uploaded is over about 1.5-1.7 megs. Unfortunately this size means most pics taken by phone are erroring out. The work around is to re-size your photos to 1.5 MB or less, but this is horribly inconvenient.

I have no idea what the issue is but the forum software is out of date and that's likely part of the issue, or just generally makes troubleshooting that much more difficult.

I'm trying to figure it out but just have too many other things going on...sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully this will be resolved soon

Bud

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

8A36D0B0-F8F9-4254-A8E9-A1956695E7D9.jpeg

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

23243BBC-2024-4905-A1CF-C04A18647C2C.jpeg

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

C1F42F01-C53D-4431-B6BF-9143B19D6188.jpeg

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

F9CBF905-9C67-4834-9F40-17077DFF5A82.jpeg

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Ok it’s working now. That was easier to fix than I thought….just had to flip a config switch. Last photo was 4.6 megs