1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Par Meter check out

Discussion in 'Burlington Region' started by yankieman, May 4, 2016.

1. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    If you want to check out the Burlington Region par meter please post here and I will contact you to make arrangements

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I believe Kevin Burnheart just asked me about it the other day.

3. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yes he did talk to me about it

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I need to use it again. Put a halide back on fragtank and need to map the par. So if no one else is in line can I get it at the meeting?

5. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Actually yes Pot roast wants to use it and I want to use it and I just got it back last nite from being repaired ,, so you may have to wait a bit for it I havnt even checked it out yet,,

6. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up on our Burlington Region Par meter , I just got it back from being repaired , they fixed it under warranty as a courtesy to GIRS but said the unit was found to have corrosion on the circuit board most likely caused from contact with salt water, and if it comes back in for repair due to corrosion again it will charge $150 for repair , the rules for using it are "if you use it and damage it you have to pay for the repair" , we will have a sign out sheet you will have to sign to use the meter , so if you use it you are responsible for it so you might not want to loan it out to anyone while you have it signed out because it will still be your responsibility ,,so we need to make sure to keep it DRY,, It is a very useful tool for our region...
    Happy Reefing!!!!

edit-this is under board review

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Well quit screwing around and check it out :D
    Don't worry about it I can get by without it.

8. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Ok will do , but as I said I just got it back 6 pm last nite, I will hurry , checking it today

9. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Is this board approved policy @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics? I would think accidental damage would be covered by the club. After that's why we pay dues. Sure whoever took the par meter for a swim should have had the guts to report it but unfortunately they didn't. Honestly if this is the new policy I for one will just buy my own....

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    This issue with the draining battery would not have been noticed if it where not for me noticing it. So next time who will be to blame? I sure as heck didn't get it wet but by this policy I would be the one paying..

11. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Heck Bill the gas money you will save alone will pay for your par meter I think its strange that it is done like this the Des Moines region just goes down the line to the next person. Kinda silly to drive all the way to Illinois back and forth when its an hour drive for most in that region then to possibly pay 150 if it doesnt pass inspection but hey just my 2 cents lol

12. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Kind of why I was wondering if this was board police or something Roger just came up with himself....

• Noteworthy! Noteworthy! x 1
    • List
  13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'll have to look it up Bill, pretty sure there was a set policy for par meter usage at some point, and I do recall that there was a policy regarding returning the meter back to the trustee and not just handing it off to the next person on the list and I believe it was for this type of reason - to verify that the meter is still in good condition.

I think there was even an agreement written up for when you check out the meter but I don't have time to look it up right now

14. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Board policy Bill ,,,I dont make policy,, I am not going to argue with anyone do what you want to do but it is kinda nice to have it to use and save the $400 of buying one ,,

15. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Not if you get stuck with a $150 charge because the guy before you damaged it and it didn't get noticed.. I like how your getting defensive and it's not even yours lol. Your not the regional overlord and these things can be discussed.

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Everyone just chill out for a bit here. Looking to see if we have an actual policy that was officially adopted on this issue. I know it was discussed but I don't know that anything was made official.

17. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No one accused anyone of anything , not sure what your talking about

18. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Who said anything about a accusations? I said you where being defensive. And you where when you said " I'm not going to argue " that's a defense response Roger.

19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

20. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Ok Bill sorry,,,as of now its a board pending decision