1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Orlando MACNA registration at Spring Fest

Discussion in '2010' started by xroads, Apr 19, 2010.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

As a welcome present, Orlando is going to include 20 free raffle tickets to anyone signing up at Spring Fest.
    This is no small raffle.  Past MACNA's have raffle off over $50,000 in merchandise including full ready to go systems.
    We will have a laptop & information ready to go.
    Here is a link to their website if you want to check it out
    https://www.macna2010.com/civicrm/e...=1&reset=1

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If only these were closer /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/hybrid//emoticons/sad.gif
    I could swing Illinois or Wisconsin or something, but Florida is a bit far. After all I would want to bring home tons of frags so driving would be a must!

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Actually Calfo took a bunch home from Fall Fest. He used a big mouth gatorade bottle & puts them in his carry on. He said he does that alot with no problems

See you there!

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Not to sidetrack, but does he have some sort of rack system in there? How do they not slosh around and bump eachother? And security had no problems with the water?

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I will ask him about security.

I think he just drops a few in. They may bump a little, but I dont think he has a problem usually.

Craig

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When Marvin from Midwest frags shipped stuff, he put plastic wrap in the container to keep them from shaking around too much.

--AJ

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 04/19/2010 01:57 PM
    Actually Calfo took a bunch home from Fall Fest. He used a big mouth gatorade bottle & puts them in his carry on. He said he does that alot with no problems
    See you there!
    Security wont let you through with an unopened bottle of water but they will let you by with an unknown liquid in a container that it does not belong in with a solid that they have most likely never seen before?

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tape some wires and a cell phone to it and you're less likely to have issues.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif
    --AJ

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Actually I was mistaken,

He used a gatorade bottle & taped a heat pack to it. Then wraps it up in clothes & packs it in his luggage.

Sorry about the mis info.