1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Oceanic 29 gallon LED powered biocube with thermal electric chiller

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Jamie, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Tank itself needs a little cleaning but there are no scratches on the glass.  The only cosmetic blemish (seen in the picture) is on the side of the stand where I had a reef keeper elite mounted.
    PRICE INFO for NEW
    29 Oceanic Biocube Tank/Stand $400.00
    24 CREE (12 blue 12 white INDEPENDENTLY CONTROLLED) LED'S with 2 meanwell drivers 0-10v dimmable control, nanotuners heat sink, silent 8db cooling fans and all wiring $250.00
    Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper ALC module to control LED's $120.00 - you still need the controller (not included) to run the ALC module
    (2) JBJ nano glow LED FUGE lights $100.00
    (2) Iceprobe thermal electric chillers $200.00
    TOTAL approximate purchase price new $1,020.00
    These are the approximate prices that I paid for the setup.  Now I can remove some of the items if you want the price to come down.  I can take out the ALC module but you will still need to purchase a controller for the LED drivers then. The LED fuge lights can be taken out of the sale and the Iceprobe chillers can be removed but you will have 2 holes in the back of the tank that would need to be sealed then.
    Will sell setup as is for $500

If you remove the items mentioned above the price could come down to $300
    NEEDS to be picked up from Decorah IA 52101
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Pretty snazzy setup. I would love to have another bio cube but it's not in the cards for me ATM.

That's a pretty good deal for everything. Happen to have any pics of it setup with the LED's on? 
    Do you have the return pump mounted on the outside?  I have never seen that done before.

3. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Here's a few pictures I dug out with the LED's on
    Yes I mounted a Maxijet 1200 externally for the return.  I had a series of float switches in the return chamber where the pump would sit adn was very tight on space.  I also added a sealed baffle inside so that the center chamber (the fuge) was full to the top but the MAX/MIN indicators on the return chamber could still be used to check water levels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Great looking tank Jamie! Why did you take it down and why are you selling it?
    I know all about the tightness.  In my last chamber I have a return pump, chiller pump, nano reactor, and a dual float switch.  Talk about packed!
    That's a pretty slick mod for sure. 

5. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I more or less had this tank as a in-between project while my wife and I built our new house this past year and got settled in. We sold or previous house and reef tank and had to rent a house for about 6 months while we built. I needed something to hold me over and tinker with:) now that the new house is done I have my remote 7 foot sump/fuge in the basement and a larger display upstairs so I am selling this.

6. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyway you could give us some info on the maxijet mod? My 12 gallon nano could use that.

7. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also if someone would buy the tank without the Chillers, I might be intrested in them.

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Drill a hole. Insert appropriate fitting/connection. There's really not much to it man.

9. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know but what about the bottom where the pump goes. I would take it you would want to use a ultily pump so the can mount it in. And what size of holes, or fittings. Just didn't know if there was a write up that had good details.

10. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The external pump mod is very simple.  The intakes of maxijet pumps fit perfectly into a 1/2" bulkhead (I glue them in there) because of the maxijet design you can also still take them apart for cleaning with the intake part glued into the bulkhead.  All you need is two 1/2" bulkhead kits from D F&S a maxijet 1200, and small amount (2' should be plenty) of 1/2" id tubing and a diamond hole saw from eBay for a few bucks.

11. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    would you be willing to sell just the top with led light set up and trade for me hood w the 4x36 pc upgrade? Obviously yours is better but I want to upgrade lights again and either going led route or the 150w hqi. If not its cool but thought id ask. your whole set up is sick but it would be a pain to swithc everything over.... Maybe I could just go side by side cubes.... hmmmm.... anyway let me know if youd be interested. Id obviously thro in cash too

12. IrishStock

IrishStock Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need a stand if someone just wants the tank.

13. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c0c0c0"]depending what he wants to work w the top trade, we can talk. I dont have room for both but if I cant get the top ill send my spare hood to nanotuners and have the hqi put in or possibly do the led kit w controler to simulate tstorms and all the fancy ****.  Get back to me on that tho. You would be able to sell your cube much easier w/o all the upgrades possibly and still get money for parting out.... Let me kno if possible and what it would take....[/style]

14. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Sorry I do not want to trade for the CFL quad light hood.  This would defeat the purpose of selling the led hood since i would then have to sell the clf hood also[​IMG]

I would like to sell it together to a certain extent to how I listed it. If irishstock wants the stand and jtown takes the led hood and tank that would work. Like I said I could strip out the other items so that the led hood, tank with external return and stand would be $300 between the 2 of you. The tank would have 2 holes in the back though where the iceprobes are.

15. Trumpetytrump

Trumpetytrump

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Let me know if you wanna sell just the top and would ship it. I would be interested in the whole thing if you were closer.

16. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you dead set on your price for the entire set up? Im getting another biocube for sure, and this one has everything done but the new hqi biocube that just came out has all the same bells and whistles with two returns and the glass top and skimmer built in. its only 499.00 free shipping. Granted the led lighting is a bit more rare and more controlable for the 500.00 one could get the new hqi cube brand new. I dont mean this with any offense but more less asking what your bottom dollar is bcuz im buying one asap. The chiller option youve added is very cool and its clear you have a ton of money wrapped up in this but if you really wanna sell it let me know if the price is negotiable and I may grab if from you. Again no offense intended by my post, just merely saying w/ that new biobube out for the same price, might be tough to sell. let me kno, im not bullshitting or wasting your time. I really am interested....

17. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Not offended at all:) I haven't had a lot of interest in it yet thus far so I'm dropping the price to $400 for the entire setup. I didn't even realize you posted here until I checked the thread. I never received a e-mail notice regarding your post so sorry it took so long to get back to you.

18. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ill take it for 400.00 get paid friday and will come pick up. can you hold untill then??? Ill come pick up friday whenever....

19. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pm sent.... looks like plans are changing already. now will have triplett bio;s. now have to find design to loop all together.... anbody have ideas, im open.... lol

20. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.