1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Need Volunteers

Discussion in '2017' started by beckerj3, Oct 29, 2017.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Fall Fest 2017 is 2 weeks away!

As with every fest, we rely on help from GIRS members during the fest and to help during setup and tear down. This fest is going to be simplier, much like last year's fall fest, and so the number of volunteers we need is less, but still very important.

Saturday Evening Set up: (2-3 people)

For the Saturday evening setup, need just a few people (2 or 3) that can pop up tables, lay down power cords & tape them down, the usual thing. Again, not a long time commitment and not complicated.

Sunday event:

We need 2 people per hour from 10-2 manning the a) community table and b) floater.

These are very important roles, so if you volunteer for a time slot, please make sure you are able to be there!

The time slots are listed below. Please post in this thread and let us know what slot you can fill and we will keep the list updated. Thank you in advance!!

Saturday Evening Set up: (must be a current GIRS member) (2-3 people)

1. Bud
    2. Eric / Pygmey
    3. Bigkidslittlekids

Sunday Event: Community Table and Floater (must be a current GIRS member)

10:00 (2 People)

1. Ruggerkc
    2. Stew

11:00 (2 People)

1. Chief Reef
    2. Ruggerkc

12:00 (2 People)

1. Ruggerkc

1:00 (2 People)

1. Chief Reef
    2. Ruggerkc

@Region: Cedar Rapids & Iowa City
    @Region: Waterloo & Cedar Falls
    @Region: Des Moines & Ames
    @Region: Quad Cities
    @Region: Burlington

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
  3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I will be checking people in and selling tickets (and tracking ticket holders as attendance isn't required to win) so the only volunteer positions that are really needed are manning the community tables.

The community table duties will be pretty simple, as everyone who is bringing things to place out for sale on these tables will need to fill out a tag with their info and price - so it's just collecting $ for what sells & keeping the tags so that money can be given to the seller later

The "floater" is someone to help out anywhere else when needed - vendor tables for breaks, go-fer, etc.

Each shift's volunteers will just cover these 2 positions as needed.

The most important thing is that if you volunteer for a time slot, please make sure you show up! And if for any reason you can't make it, let us know and try to get it covered if possible.

Thanks everyone in advance!

4. Chief Reef Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'll do the community table from 11-12 and then again from 1-2 if it's possible to do 2 shifts

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Yup, that's fine! I put you down, thanks!

6. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I’ll work the community table all or most of it. I have a bunch of stuff to sell.

7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks @ruggerkc@ruggerkc - I'll add you for the whole time, but hopefully a few more people will volunteer - so that it won't be necessary for you to work the whole time!

8. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I can work the 10:00 shift. Would work more but need to leave by 12:30.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Thanks @stew@stew, added!

10. Pygmey Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    I will be there the day before to make sure we can get in when we were told. Also all day of. So if there are ant spots left before the show o can fill in.

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Venue access times are all verified, we'll be able to get in at 5pm or earlier, and since it's staffed 24/7 we can get in uber-early on Sunday (at least one vendor will be there before 7am).

Also I'm staying at the hotel Saturday night & will be there at or before 5pm Saturday

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I added you (and me!) to the Saturday setup list, I'll see you then!

13. I can help with setup Saturday. See you around 5.

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Thanks!

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Fest is tomorrow!

Thanks to those that have volunteered to help. A couple more would be great - especially one during the 12-1 slot.

@GIRS Member