1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

News Nano-Bubbles on ReefBreeders!

Discussion in 'News, Events & Fests' started by Sponge, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Seems to be gaining credibility, post FB explosion. Thanks for sharing.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I really think several factors are at play when those that try it and then say it doesn't work. It took about 2 months before I saw any difference. Micro/nanobubbles are in the ocean and can be seen.;)

4. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    I guess one reason I've never been impressed by the trend is because I've always had very small bubbles! :D
    Even when I did have a sump I used so little of a sump everything would get sucked back into the main tank..

I would like to see the ideology vs just an airstone though to observe only the effects of raised oxygen levels aside from the possible mechanical tangents. I used to have an FX5 that had the output above the surface of the water mainly for water movement, but it was so much splashing to the point where I used a cover over the area, but the end result was very good coloration and overall health.(minus a ton of visible bubbles) It still rivals my current setup that really just has bubbles leaking from my tunze 9001.

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    The greatest benefit is when outside/fresh air is incorporated. For me, that's not feasible so I run a DIY CO2 reactor on our systems. I'm just amazed at the amount of 'additional' skimmate I have now! IMO nanobubbling is very good for the health of the fish, corals, LR, etc! We all look at the additional expense, maintenance, etc that this requires but again, imo it is worth it:D

6. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow this is really thought provoking. Thanks for putting this out there Sponge!

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    NP, my pleasure:) There's a lot of information out there for all of us! Google is the best thing since peanut butter :roflmao:

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Here's another article that people may find interesting...at least it did pique my interest! More scientific but interesting, especially for those who have experienced RTN/STN and Brown Jelly Disease with their corals! For those that don't like all the methodology, analysis...just skip it. The abstract, results and discussion should provide food for thought;)

Microbial communities in aquarium corals Assessment of the microbial communities associated with white syndrome and brown jelly syndrome in aquarium corals

9. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0