1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? MP40 repairs

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Fence13, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Anyone around town good with fixing MP40's? I have a wet side that continues to get "stuck" and I've tried cleaning it out but seem to be unsuccessful in solving the problem. I have another old wetside that I broke a piece off back in the day that I can use for parts.

Really don't want to buy a whole new wetside.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
  3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Probably a bad bearing. Like Craig said they sell rebuild kit. Check the magnet to. It could be gouged.

4. acrouse

acrouse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had the same thing happen to me last week. It keept stalling out and giving me an error. I called EcoTech and they helped me trouble shoot it and said it was a bad driver on the dry side control. I sent it to them and they up graded it to the ECOSmart driver for $150. It may be worth giving them a call. 610-954-8480 ext2

5. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    so I put the MP40 together just to double check everything before dealing with EcoTech. Apparently it decided to work fine.......so we'll see how long that lasts.

6. Nick Graber GIRS Member

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    You can find nylon washers & nuts at Ace Hardware to get you up and going while you wait for a repair kit.