1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Moving Liquidation in time for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Philby, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All of these items are located in Sherman Hill Neighborhood, Des Moines Iowa (right by downtown/methodist hospital). I'm gonna list the major stuff that I'd like to get some $ for, but I have plenty of reef related stuff that you are welcome to sort through and take if you buy something. No shipping and I'm in town until NewYearsEve so pickup needs to happen in the next two weeks (might be able to accomodate a later pickup for the right buyer).
    @30 gallon column tank/stand/20" Current SunPod 150 - $200 (This is a really nice looking tank, the stand is a nice cherry/black. I got it from Ryan West but never set it up cause I found out I was moving shortly after I purchased it. The MH on the SunPod probably needs to be replaced. I have pics I can email or text you if interested)
    2xIcecap 660s - $75 apiece (I have heat sinks/wiring harness/power cable and I 2 endcaps that I think are VHO)
    4x36w T5 retro - $50 (end caps/reflectors and 4 bulbs, 2 brand new still in packaging, 2 used for about a year and need replacing)
    Coralife SuperSkimmer 125 with needlewheel mesh mod - $40
    GlassCages 75gallon tall reef ready Starfire front & sides tank (36x18x24) WITH BROKEN BACK PANE - FREE (There is nothing wrong with the starfire front/sides or the built in overflow. But the back pane is cracked and will need to be replaced before the tank is usable. This comes with a home made stand/canopy and is free to a good home)
    FilterGuys OceanWave+ 75 GPD 5 stage RODI - $50 (I used it for about a year, but I don't have a TDS so I'm not sure if the filters need to be replaced, but they should have another 6 - 12 months use depending on how much water you make, then you can buy replacement filters from their site for @$50. I'll also throw in some floor alarms to put by the RODI in case you forget when you've got the RODI on like I always do [​IMG])
    Reeflo Snapper - $100 (This powered a CL for about a year, worked fine until I tore the tank down, could probably use a cleaning, but has plenty of life left)
    Other than that I have a bunch of test kits, 

2. doug6644

doug6644 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be interested in the snapper, but it would have to be shipped. And also need to know the input/ouput sizes?

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow...somebody needs to get their butt over there and pick up that starphire tank. With a little work, that would make an awesome display tank. You never know when someone might have a broken 90 that you can take the front or back off of. If you plan to buy the glass for the back, be prepared, you'll need 3/8" non-tempered standard glass at a minimum and a piece that big will be expensive.

--AJ

4. Cipher43

Cipher43

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pmd

5. Stu

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    PM sent on the starfire tank if it's not spoken for yet.

6. iaJim

iaJim Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad someone is getting this so I can stop thinking about it. Thanks!

7. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    doug6644 - someone local is interested in the snapper, but I'll let you know if it falls thru.

The broken tank is spoken for by at least 4 people.

RODI is sale pending.

So that leaves the smaller tank, the lighting and the skimmer that are stilla available.

I forgot that I also have an ACII with DC8, temp and maybe PH probe, as well as a handful of x10s - $200/obo

8. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After Christmas update!

RO/DI, broken tank, rock and one of the IceCaps with 2 sets of the T5 endcaps are no longer available.

I've still got:
    column tank + SunPod for $200/obo (really nice looking tank/stand, I can text or email pics)
    AC2 w/ DC8 + temp&PH probe for $200/obo
    IceCap 430 + 2x T5 or VHO endcaps for $50/obo (sorry these turned out to be 430s NOT 660s as I originally posted)
    Coralife SuperSkimmer 125 - $40/obo
    QuietOne 3000 - $20
    I've got two offers to ship the Snapper, but would prefer to deal locally so if anyone is interested in picking up in DSM it is yours for $80.

Let me know if you're interested in anything, and by Thursday I will be more open to shipping some of this stuff so it makes it to a good home, so feel free to PM me with an offer and I'll be back to you in a few days if I decide I'm going to ship some things.

9. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Midweek update! I'm taking offers so if you're interested in anything please shoot me a PM!!

Still Available -
    column tank + SunPod for $200/obo (really nice looking tank/stand, I can text or email pics)
    AC2 w/ DC8 + temp&PH probe for $200/obo
    IceCap 430 + 2x T5 and/or VHO endcaps for $50/obo (sorry these turned out to be 430s NOT 660s as I originally posted)