1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Micro bubbles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OneFishTwoFish, Oct 16, 2017.

1. OneFishTwoFish

Ames
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a IM 25g lagoon that has been running for about 2 months now and still has a lot of micro bubbles. It has two overflows to the back chamber. One of the overflows has a 3 stage filter (mechanical, carbon, and phosphate) while the other has nothing. I had a filter sock in the empty overflow before but that didn't seem to help anything. Any advice on how to get all the micro bubbles out of the tank?

2. xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Do you use a skimmer and if not, does the return pump seem to pull/suck air?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. OneFishTwoFish

Ames
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No skimmer and I don’t know if it’s sucking air. I have the water level like 4-6 inches above the return pump so I don’t know how that would get air in it. Unless the splash of the water going over the baffles is allowing bubbles to get sucked up

4. Angi Allison Inactive User

Earlham
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had the same thing happening after setting up a used 90 gal I bought last July. I picked up an item used for crafting (hook and latch "grids") and cut it to fit over the return and used polishing filter fabric (not sure what it's called) loosely seen to fit over the piece for the return. I came up with a zillion ideas that didn't work until this one and it works like a charm. Used a heavy duty thread for the polishing filter material and fishing line to create the frame it sits over. Made using the thread a means to pull the threads tighter at the opening so the water is pulled through the cloth instead of pulling around where it fits over the return. Just be careful the thread can't be sucked into the pump itself.

5. Pygmey Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    Try to push the nozzles tighter on the tube. Also you can raise your water level in the back Chambers.