1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Meet up board?

Discussion in '2014' started by Borky00, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

In 2 weeks will be my virgin Frag fest visit so I have a question. I am seeing lots of posts from people asking others if they will be at the FF. My question is will there be a message board or table for people to leave messages for each other. Like a way for me to post a note to someone to say "Hey I am here let's meet at this board at 11:0o to swap the frags we brought for each other."

2. new2salt

Mingo
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Most of the time people just pick a spot and text each other and then meet. I have only been to a couple. That's how I met up with people that I had bringing me stuff. I think that your table idea is a good idea. However I think it would be hard to get someone to work a table like that.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I think we're going to have a couple round tables and chairs set up for people to sit down and relax. Perfect place to meet and chat too.

4. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking more of a message board for people to leave notes for each other or just post something, just leave a pen and a pad of paper (3 m stickie paper) in a designated area so someone can use as a communication area. You don't need to have someone working it.

5. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you'd like to contact someone directly, you could simply ask your area Trustee and many times, we can find contact information for you without a problem. For Lisbon your trustee is kpotter2. Just shoot him a Personal Message and he should be able to help you. There will also be a GIRS information booth at Fall Fest, we can also do our best to connect members through the info booth.

6. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just trying to offer up a new idea for more communication, I will plan on making arrangements prior to the event.

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

The Esurance commercial of the old lady with her pictures posted on her wall just popped into my head when I read this thread.

"That's not how any of this works"

"I unfriend you"

LOL

Seriously though not a bad idea. Just a whiteboard and an easel would probably work too.

8. new2salt

Mingo
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    That's not even how it works.......lmao

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I like the white board idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Bill if you would like get something going. It's a good idea let's give it a try. What do you need?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  11. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    If someone has a white marker board and markers that will work. If not I think a couple pads of sticky notes and a pen will do. And maybe a sign that states Message Board. You can stick them on a wall or on a table either way.

Since this is new a small note of what it can be used for may be helpful. Something like:

This message board can be used to to meet up with others or a way to communicate a message to the group. Take a sticky note and write down what you are wanting to say and post it. Stop back regularly for updates. The messages will be discarded at the end of the event.

I plan on mentioning that I have a 55G for sale and list my phone number, great advertising to a select group. Also, if there is a delay or change in schedule that can also be posted on the message board. I have not had time to look at the BOD elections but if 2 people are running this is a good place to advertise for a particular candidate.

12. rhymechizel

rhymechizel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would assume everyone would have cell phones but maybe not everyone does I guess.