1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May 23rd CR/IC GIRS Grill-out sign up

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, May 12, 2010.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    Time is fast approaching, this weekend is Spring fest, the following weekend is the Grill-out.  The date for the grill out is Sunday May 23rd from 4pm to 8pm at my house.
    In order to preserve club funds for other activities, we are going to do some of this pot luck style.
    The club will provide hot dogs,hamburgers, & Brats, plus the fix'ins for them (buns, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard ,ketchup, & cheese).
    In addition, the club will provide Soda's (I will provide beer, for those who partake).
    So all we need are some side dishes for the event, nothing extravagant required, please bring enough for at least 5 or 6 people.  Please use this forum to sign up for attendance plus number of guests and to describe your dish.
    As always the family is welcome at this event, I will hook up the Wii for the kids to play.
    Sample of sign up
    Jeremy Orchuk + 3
    CyberJester
    2 Kegs of Beer

2. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Eric Bell + 1 & 1/2 (wife & toddler)
    Eric
    Chips

3. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kylie Day + 1
    Kylie D
    Brownies (so long as hubby or I don't have to work that day /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif )

4. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll be able to come for a couple hours.
    ...salad of some sort

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aaron Johnson + 3 (wife and two daughters)
    AJ
    Pasta Salad

6. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Justin Strong
    Strong
    I'll bring something with venison in it and some other snack meats and cheeses.

7. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So far we have 11 signed up.  There are a couple of members out there that I was expecting to see names from for this that have not posted yet. 

This is a bump to get this back in your view if your were waiting to check availability.  I am using this post and the sign up information to get the meat and soft drinks for the grill out.  So please sign up if you haven't already, so I have an accurate count for supplies. 
    Thank you.
    Jeremy Orchuk
    CR/IC GIRS Trustee

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    JB + 3 (Wife & Kids)
    Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake

9. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to bow out of the cookout. We have a wedding Sat evening. Sorry I didn't realize the conflict sooner. I knew May was going to be a bad month for me...I missed Spring Fest and now the cookout. Hopefully, I will free up next month.

10. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Jay +3 kids
    Pasta salad

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We're going to have two pasta salads?  If you're set on bringing that Jay, I can change to something else.  Maybe some brownies and ice cream or a vegetable
    --AJ

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By AJ on 05/20/2010 12:29 PM

Posted By Jay on 05/20/2010 12:18 PM
    Jay +3 kids
    Pasta salad
    We're going to have two pasta salads?  If you're set on bringing that Jay, I can change to something else.  Maybe some brownies and ice cream or a vegetable
    --AJ
    Oh no, the imfamous pasta salad competition.  I will put a free frag up for the winner!

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The 2010 GIRS Pasta Salad Throw Down...it's on! haha  So how is it graded?  Taste, visual interest?  And what's the frag?  It's it one of those sweet ORA Kenya Tree LE frags?

14. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By AJ on 05/20/2010 02:14 PM
    The 2010 GIRS Pasta Salad Throw Down...it's on! haha  So how is it graded?  Taste, visual interest?  And what's the frag?  It's it one of those sweet ORA Kenya Tree LE frags?
    I can donate a bag full of Kenya frags, if you like. [​IMG]

15. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By AJ on 05/20/2010 02:14 PM
    Taste, visual appeal, and uniquness.
    Frag depends on what I knock off between now and then.

16. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey Jeremy....it may help to know where you live?!!? jeez

-Justin

17. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a wuz, I figured you could find the place by wondering around the city.

Post of information and address can be found below

Address Info

18. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. Appearently tomorrow is my sister and brother's graduation from Williamsburg. I really had all my weekends mixed up. Hope you all have fun though!!

19. williamh

williamh

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If its still cool one for sure plus one more maybe.
    William
    psata salad /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif j/k
    oreo cheese cake

20. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll let Jay bring pasta salad and I'll bring some ice cream treats.

--AJ