1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Maxspect XF-130 or Jebao (Jecod) CP-25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffmr4, Oct 11, 2016.

1. I've been looking at these to see if they would work in my 10 gallon 24 x 10 x 10" tank. The XF-130 can be halved and an end cap used. I'm not sure that this can be done with the Jebao. I've heard that the flow rate at the lowest setting of the XF-130 is 250 gph. I think the XF-130 is 9.5 inches long and can be halved and the Jebao is 7.5 inches long. Does anyone think any of these would be too strong at the second or lowest power levels for my tank?

2. Well I answered my question for the Jebao. It is 10.5 inches long and I don't know that it can be halved so it is out.

3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I think either of those are too big for a 10 gallon tank. Have you considered a mp10.

4. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Or if your doing a sump on a ten just get a big enough return pump and you wont even need a circulation pump. Thats what i did and it worked great.

5. Thanks for the suggestions. I did have an mp10 once, but I like the even flow across the whole width and the circular motion it provides making no dead spots. I don't have a sump. I'm trying to keep it simple for now although I wish I had a nice place for some chaeto and pods to grow uninhibited.

It may be too strong. Here is a link to the gyre and one to someone who used the end cap,

And this was an article about filtration where I got some of the ideas I mentioned above,

Beginner's Column: Filtration

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. This guy suggests that it works in nano and pico tanks, ?

7. For anyone interested, I got my maxspect gyre xf-130 and endcap today. It runs well in my tank at 10%.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016